Wish Amp block wishes

Axe-Master
I've had these amp block wishes swimming around in my head so i figured I'd post them in one thread for simplicity.

1) The ability to save and recall favourite amp block output EQ settings. A seperate global style menu which allows users to define their favourite amp block output EQ type and settings. For example, I use the 5 band Mark EQ with more or less the same "V" style settings any time I dial up a Mark series model.

2) The option to select a graphic EQ as the amp block input EQ.

3) The ability to save and recall favourite amp block input EQ settings (similar to request 1).

4) The ability to create, save and recall a custom PEQ boost as an input boost option, so we can all have out own take on the CC boost and have it on instant recall in the amp block (similar to request 1).

5) An output compressor setting for taming excessive low end on high gain palm muted chugs - essentially the "Andy Sneap" style Multiband trick but baked into the amp block and with controls for threshold and ratio.

6) Diode options for the saturation switch - IIRC the sat switch is based on Zeners. It would be cool to have some of the options Fortin, Ceriatone & others offer like the MPSA06 or 2N5401.

7) Bring back the Axe-Fx Ultra Uber model as a custom FAS amp type, similar to the way we have the old Recto's as the Thordendal models.

Last edited:
All good ideas, I'll add one which is related - ability for the settings to stay the same when you change amp type.

For example, I'm in a Plexi model - everything is great, and I want to try another Plexi model - I have no way of preserving all my tweaks

I can’t say I see a personal need for any of this, but as León has given the community so much, I feel obliged to 100% support anything and everything he would like, so count all three wishes as a big +1 from me.

Heck, if we each were granted 3 wishes I’d say I’d happy give two of mine to León, and keep the third for more control switches! Lol

All good ideas, I'll add one which is related - ability for the settings to stay the same when you change amp type.

For example, I'm in a Plexi model - everything is great, and I want to try another Plexi model - I have no way of preserving all my tweaks
This is what amp compare does in FracTool ;)

I've had these amp block wishes swimming around in my head so i figured I'd post them in one thread for simplicity.

1) The ability to save and recall favourite amp block output EQ settings. A seperate global style menu which allows users to define their favourite amp block output EQ type and settings. For example, I use the 5 band Mark EQ with more or less the same "V" style settings any time I dial up a Mark series model.

3) The ability to save and recall favourite amp block input EQ settings (similar to request 1).

4) The ability to create, save and recall a custom PEQ boost as an input boost option, so we can all have out own take on the CC boost and have it on instant recall in the amp block (similar to request 1).

5) An output compressor setting for taming excessive low end on high gain palm muted chugs - essentially the "Andy Sneap" style Multiband trick but baked into the amp block and with controls for threshold and ratio.

6) Diode options for the saturation switch - IIRC the sat switch is based on Zeners. It would be cool to have some of the options Fortin, Ceriatone & others offer like the MPSA06 or 2N5401.

7) Bring back the Axe-Fx Ultra Uber model as a custom FAS amp type, similar to the way we have the old Recto's as the Thordendal models.
(2) is already there: EQ Location.

+1, but add clipboard copy/paste in addition to save/load for them, and expand the idea to cover all of the amp block tabs if possible, or at least the power supply and power amp settings tabs.

Last edited:

Isn't that how things work if you don't use Ideal Mode for the Amp block? That's the "old" way before Ideal mode existed.

(2) is already there: EQ Location.

Setting the EQ location to input results in some funky behaviour - on the 8 band var Q type none of the sliders up to 1k do anything, and the 2k slider sounds like it's boosting 200hz instead of 2k. Preset attached comparing GEQ block and amp block GEQ set to input boosting the same settings.

The output EQ behaves fine when the location is set to output.

Attachments

• Euro Blue Raw.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
Might as well throw my wishlist in the hat as well. I've love a "persistent" Amp block EQ option that retains the Amp block's EQ settings through manual amp model changes. It would be invaluable for players auditioning amps while they're building sounds.

A wish can't change the hardware on an existing device ;)

However, I'm sure the Perform page could handle this request.
My old Mk-IIC had a 3 position eq switch:
Off/Auto/On that let you set it to come on with the lead channel, or turn it on or off. It was on the front panel next to the power and standby switches.

Let's walk the dog on this one, somebody else tell me Mesa graphic EQ on off switches are not part of the front panel controls...

View attachment 58473
View attachment 58474
View attachment 58475
View attachment 58476
View attachment 58477

I think @unix-guy was saying that it is impossible to add a physical switch to the unit now it has been produced, but that this wish could be fulfilled with a more accessible virtual switch using the perform page.

I am curious about the need to turn off the eq - I have never been able to craft a usable sound out of a Mesa model without the eq. What sort of tone can you build without the eq engaged?

I am curious about the need to turn off the eq

It's the best way to hear what the distortion is doing when dialing one in...spin knobs with the EQ off until the distortion is breaking up like you want, then the graphic EQ just scoops/boosts to shape what kind of final result you want...way easier to dial in the distortion characteristics when you can turn off or flatten the EQ first

It's the best way to hear what the distortion is doing when dialing one in...spin knobs with the EQ off until the distortion is breaking up like you want, then the graphic EQ just scoops/boosts to shape what kind of final result you want...way easier to dial in the distortion characteristics when you can turn off or flatten the EQ first

Oh I see what you are getting at. I do this too but use axe edit so haven’t needed a front panel control to toggle the eq. I thought maybe you were using final tones without the eq engaged. I think being able to add this to the perform page should give you quick access - or maybe assign a foot switch on a temporary / permanent basis to toggle it? Not in front of the unit right now so can’t remember if can assign a modifier to this or not.

I do this too but use axe edit so haven’t needed a front panel control to toggle the eq.
Could it be added on the "authentic" page on the ones where it is apropo?

That's what I'm saying...it goes right next to the master volume on the authentic page. Don't need all the sliders, just a front panel switch mirror/link to the switch on the output EQ page, like 2112 says, usually you set those sliders to how you like and they don't move, but switching it in and out is integral to dialing one in

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom