Amp block stereo input

nic72

Apologies, this must have been asked before but I couldn’t find a thread on it after a lot of searching…
Would it be possible to have a stereo input option for the amp block? I absolutely love having some stereo effects in front of the amp but to do this, I currently have to use two amp blocks panned left and right. There are worse problems I know but it means that with that arrangement I can’t switch from one amp type to another without channel switching. I’m one those who can’t live with the slight delay as the channel changes so tend to flip between amp 1 and amp 2 a lot mid-song. Thank you my

The only way to have a stereo signal preserved through the Amp block is to have two completely separate signal paths in the Amp block. That means two complete amp simulations. Which means a second Amp block.

Which you already have. ;)

I think he's saying he wants to be able to use a mixer block to fade between one pair of amp blocks (preferably coalesced into a single block) and another pair. I think Cliff raised the possibility of increasing the number of amp blocks at one point. If you've got enough cpu capacity available in a preset, why not?

I think he's saying he wants to be able to use a mixer block to fade between one pair of amp blocks (preferably coalesced into a single block) and another pair. I think Cliff raised the possibility of increasing the number of amp blocks at one point. If you've got enough cpu capacity available in a preset, why not?
Yeah, but either way requires doubling the number of amp simulations, whether it’s packaged as two stereo Amp blocks or four mono ones.

Thanks for the replies guys. I get it now; it’s cpu that’s preventing it being an option currently.

I like to reamp in realtime with the AXE-FX as if it were a plugin in my DAW and I would love to see this feature! With the stereo Cab block we're halfway there. (Okay a stereo drive block would be nice too).

Alternatively, instead of trying to update every block to have stereo, maybe just provide a way to use global blocks across different instances? (Ex. Link and load from Amp1 to Amp2). Then you could set up stereo controls for any block.

Attachments

• StereoAmp.png
    StereoAmp.png
    141.5 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom