• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Amp block stereo input

nic72

Apologies, this must have been asked before but I couldn’t find a thread on it after a lot of searching…
Would it be possible to have a stereo input option for the amp block? I absolutely love having some stereo effects in front of the amp but to do this, I currently have to use two amp blocks panned left and right. There are worse problems I know but it means that with that arrangement I can’t switch from one amp type to another without channel switching. I’m one those who can’t live with the slight delay as the channel changes so tend to flip between amp 1 and amp 2 a lot mid-song. Thank you my

Rex

Legend!
The only way to have a stereo signal preserved through the Amp block is to have two completely separate signal paths in the Amp block. That means two complete amp simulations. Which means a second Amp block.

Which you already have. ;)

GlennO

Fractal Fanatic
I think he's saying he wants to be able to use a mixer block to fade between one pair of amp blocks (preferably coalesced into a single block) and another pair. I think Cliff raised the possibility of increasing the number of amp blocks at one point. If you've got enough cpu capacity available in a preset, why not?

Rex

Legend!
I think he's saying he wants to be able to use a mixer block to fade between one pair of amp blocks (preferably coalesced into a single block) and another pair. I think Cliff raised the possibility of increasing the number of amp blocks at one point. If you've got enough cpu capacity available in a preset, why not?
Yeah, but either way requires doubling the number of amp simulations, whether it’s packaged as two stereo Amp blocks or four mono ones.

nic72

Thanks for the replies guys. I get it now; it’s cpu that’s preventing it being an option currently.

Top Bottom