Amp Block Input Trim Parameter?

rsf1977

Fractal Fanatic
quick question.

Is lowering the amp block input trim the equivalent of rolling back the volume pot on your guitar?

Is there an easy way to replicate rolling back the guitar volume to a set position globally?

Yes and no. Rolling you guitar volume back can effect tone. the trim in the amp block does not effect tone - it only adds/subtracts level going into the amp block.

So yes, decreasing trim is *like* rolling back your guitar volume but without any tone changes that you might get with your guiatr volume control. It has the advantage that once you have your drive and bright settings (off/on and the bright cap value) the way you want, you can use trim to fine-tune your amp overdrive amount without changing the way that drive and bright interreact.

Is there an easy way to replicate rolling back the guitar volume to a set position globally?

No, not in the Axe. You can use a passive volume pedal in front of the Axe though, that's the second best thing.

Or, if you don't mind loosing the tone change you get when rolling down the volume on the guitar, you can just set up a vol block before the amp in the Axe and control it with a expression pedal.

Yes you can. Set an expression pedal to control masting input volume instead of master output volume. This will mimic what happens when you roll down your master and don't hit the front of the amp with your pups on 10

Yes you can. Set an expression pedal to control masting input volume instead of master output volume. This will mimic what happens when you roll down your master and don't hit the front of the amp with your pups on 10

I'm pretty sure it won't. You still don't get the tone change of a guitar volume pot.

So yes, decreasing trim is *like* rolling back your guitar volume but without any tone changes that you might get with your guiatr volume control. It has the advantage that once you have your drive and bright settings (off/on and the bright cap value) the way you want, you can use trim to fine-tune your amp overdrive amount without changing the way that drive and bright interreact.

Ok cool, I just want to control the signal level hitting the amp block and tame it a bit without adding extra blocks. Thanks

I'm pretty sure it won't. You still don't get the tone change of a guitar volume pot.
Lot's of guys here do it this way and love it. It may or may not be the desired out come depending on if you have a treble bleed for example on your guitar for volume roll offs but it is simply enough to try and see if it works for what he is after

Is there an "input volume" parameter i could permanently change. I just want to take a little off my guitar input volume, sorry i'm at work I don't have my box in front of me.

Globally?
Turn down the Amp in gain parameter in the global menu

Should I chime in here, again? ;-)
Global Input Level is cool, but it's AFTER the envelope follower, which is NOT cool...

Lot's of guys here do it this way and love it. It may or may not be the desired out come depending on if you have a treble bleed for example on your guitar for volume roll offs but it is simply enough to try and see if it works for what he is after

Still won't be the same as the volume knob on the guitar. That was the point of my statement, not if somebody liked it or not.

Be aware that that doesn't affect blocks before the amp block (might be compressors, drives etc.).

Right, it is the same thing as the input trim, but on a global level. You could do with a midi controller by sending the input volume control a CC value lower than 127 (120 or so).

Back
Top Bottom