Amp block for Friedman BE models

KJB

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Question with the Fm 3 I'm using the Friedman BE in amp block but can't find the Friedman 4x12 in cab block .
What cabs would be a good match up with that head ? I could use the looper to compare.
Thank You KB

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Question with the Fm 3 I'm using the Friedman BE in amp block but can't find the Friedman 4x12 in cab block .
What cabs would be a good match up with that head ? I could use the looper to compare.
Thank You KB
Search for @yek’s amp guide. You’ll find suggested pairings.

I would blend two cabs - a v30 4x12 and a Creamback 4x12.
Friedman cabs I've seen are a mix of these two speakers top and bottom row.

A legacy cab 4x12 fractal GB m160
Low cut 96. And high cut 13000 (or whatever you prefer) may be a good start…
Then add a 57 mic cab for flavor

Last edited:
Reactions: KJB
A legacy cab 4x12 fractal HB m160
Low cut 96. And high cut 13000 (or whatever you prefer) may be a good start…
Then add a 57 mic cab for flavor
Thanks forgot to mention I only have high quality headphones no FFR yet .
Would the same settings and Cab apply to using headphones?

I have the York pack and love it but did a search the other day for them and these also popped up. I liked them more.. pretty sure it was the first one I picked:
93 — 2x12 ORNG M25 57 OH — OwnHammer
94 — 2x12 ORNG M25 84 Rear OH — OwnHammer
95 — 2x12 ORNG M25 121 OH — OwnHammer
96 — 2x12 ORNG M25 U70 OH — OwnHammer

EDIT: Also look for the Zilla 2x12 Creambacks that are on your FM3.. just search for Zilla

Last edited:
I have the York pack and love it but did a search the other day for them and these also popped up. I liked them more.. pretty sure it was the first one I picked:
93 — 2x12 ORNG M25 57 OH — OwnHammer
94 — 2x12 ORNG M25 84 Rear OH — OwnHammer
95 — 2x12 ORNG M25 121 OH — OwnHammer
96 — 2x12 ORNG M25 U70 OH — OwnHammer

EDIT: Also look for the Zilla 2x12 Creambacks that are on your FM3.. just search for Zilla
Thank you the IR combination are endless ! Alot of great tone chasing

Gotta give a huge nod here to ML Sound Lab's "Best IR In The World". I've used it a bit in live applications thus far, and I've found that it's a fairly universal IR for a lot of different amp models and tone styles. Bit of a claim, for sure, but it's free and sounds rad. The cab they submitted for the Gift of Tone series ("Mikko's Cab") is very similar, and worth snagging as well.

http://bit.ly/MLSoundLab

Bit of a tip from my experience, too: I highly recommend finding a single IR that that gets you as close as possible to the tone you want. Mixing IRs can be a real worm hole, and the phase differences that occur when you add another IR are often difficult to judge outside a full mix context. Find a few IRs you like and strap 'em cross the channels of your Cab block, and then use a Looper block with some chugs/open chords/single note/dynamic playing to give you a basis of comparison between them. It can be really interesting how certain IRs flatter different playing styles. These days I tend to find myself gravitating towards IR's that do all of them well, and excel at none.

I just got a FM3 at Christmas and have locked in an IR spiral since !! Lol. Last night I was thinking I should find a cab that will work for most of what I need. I picked up the FM3 for a band setup where we practice with headphones and will be playing with IEM or FRFR. I also tend to find not mixing IR's seem more familiar and natural to me. I will check out that ML IR tonight. Thanks for the heads up !

I just got a FM3 at Christmas and have locked in an IR spiral since !! Lol. Last night I was thinking I should find a cab that will work for most of what I need. I picked up the FM3 for a band setup where we practice with headphones and will be playing with IEM or FRFR. I also tend to find not mixing IR's seem more familiar and natural to me. I will check out that ML IR tonight. Thanks for the heads up !
What amps are you using?
The gift of tone series has some great IRs
Leon Todd has 3 , York Audio has a couple , a lot of people like the Devin Townsend one in there
If you are using Freidman the York Audio is great. Just use the mix folders there are a few in there I use that are killer
The Phil X mix is great

What amps are you using?
The gift of tone series has some great IRs
Leon Todd has 3 , York Audio has a couple , a lot of people like the Devin Townsend one in there
If you are using Freidman the York Audio is great. Just use the mix folders there are a few in there I use that are killer
The Phil X mix is great
The York Audio is great. I think I'm just in the too many options vortex ...lol. Leon's stuff is great also. The high gain sounds are easier to dial in some IR's, even combined. I get fussy/picky when trying to dial in old Marshall tones. I'll eventually get it dialed in. When I get overwhelmed,I just revert to the IR's from my Suhr RLIR that I imported into my FM3. I am using mostly Marshall amps for now, especially the 1959SLPTreble ,which is my preferred sound. Thanks for the suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom