Wish Amp Block "Chug" Parameter

Axe-Master
I love the MBC for taming palm mutes with high gain, using the Andy Sneap Waves C4 settings as a starting point (using the middle band with attack 12ms, release 25ms, low/high crossovers at 90hz/350hz, 24db/octave slope) and adjusting the threshold and ratio to taste. A new amp block "chug" parameter with these settings fixed and controls for ratio and threshold would be awesome.

To my ears the MBC sounds best after the cab block, but it's also very effective between amp & cab - furthermore users who are inexperienced with tweaking the MBC would be able to get great results without having to add a block and tweak it.

The clip below is the same riff looped with Amp -> Cab, amp->MBC->cab and then amp->cab->MBC

Last edited:
I love the MBC for taming palm mutes with high gain, using the Andy Sneap Waves C4 settings as a starting point (using the middle band with attack 12ms, release 25ms, low/high crossovers at 90hz/350hz, 24db/octave slope) and adjusting the threshold and ratio to taste. A new amp block "chug" parameter with these settings fixed and controls for ratio and threshold would be awesome.

To my ears the MBC sounds best after the cab block, but it's also very effective between amp & cab - furthermore users who are inexperienced with tweaking the MBC would be able to get great results without having to add a block and tweak it.

The clip below is the same riff looped with Amp -> Cab, amp->MBC->cab and then amp->cab->MBC

Have you tried a high-pass filter in front - with the frequency control attached to the pitch follower. The lower the pitch the higher the high-pass frequency.

To my ears the MBC sounds best after the cab block, but it's also very effective between amp & cab

2swn5p.jpg

The mid band with a 25ms release is effectively scooping those freqs, but dynamically. That sounds pretty cool. Seems like it's the inverse of using a little bit of dynamic depth and dynamic presence.

Have you tried a high-pass filter in front - with the frequency control attached to the pitch follower. The lower the pitch the higher the high-pass frequency.

Yes, that was one of the first "tricks" I learnt about back when I had an Axe-Ultra and I loved it.

the inverse of using a little bit of dynamic depth and dynamic presence.

A control in the amp block that does that is exactly what I'm down for!

Back
Top Bottom