Amp and Cab for Acoustic

I would like to know this as well... I've been fooling around with some combinations, but I don't like what I hear (my notes get cut off, too much distortion, etc.).

I personally don't use either, just an Fx chain, perhaps a null filter to boost your level of it's too low. Don't want to color a good acoustic tone with an amp and cab.

What I definitely want to recommend is that you create a tonematch between your piezo output and your miced guitar and use this tonematch at the very left on the grid. This way you can use it like two separate inputs and mix them together or use different effects on those two lines etc. Creating such an IR works VERY well if you use the "live" mode in the tonematch block and just play a bit. It's really surprising how well this works!

What you could do with a second cab block is to use a null-IR (basically a flat IR) and then use the preamp section in the cab block.

In the box, I don't use any amp block. I use an IR I shot myself of a Fishman Aura Spectrum pedal that I also own.

Out of the box, I really like the Utrasound amplifiers. These are incredible stage amps for acoustic guitars. I've even used one as a stage amp for bass too. Great tone and really easy to deal with in regards to feedback and setup. Love em.

http://www.ultrasoundamps.com/

No amp block! Just use a cab block and acquire the Fishman Aura IR. After you have this beautiful sound insert a couple of EQs and whatever effects you'd like and POOF!

No amp block! Just use a cab block and acquire the Fishman Aura IR. After you have this beautiful sound insert a couple of EQs and whatever effects you'd like and POOF!
How do I acquire a Fishman Aura IR? That would be awesome!

@Tailstop
Any chance you could point us to the source of that Fishman Aura IR? ;)

Thanks!:cool:
Ask Simeon! He is the keeper of the fantastic acoustic IRs! When I bought my AxefxII he reached out after he noticed I was primarily an acoustic player and sent me a slew of stellar IRs....

To be perfectly honest.. and to not have too many pedals on your pedal board (and/or various other accessories that you would need to help you get an acoustic tone..), I'd get a piezo saddle installed in your electric guitar - problem fixed. And above all, it sounds freakin amazing!

Here's my acoustic patch that I use with my ESP Eclipse that I've had a piezo saddle installed.. If you have a guitar with a piezo in it, and a decent FRFR speaker/cab/wedge, this should sound great..

No amp/cab required with this patch - just plug and play..

Attachments

• Piezo Acoustic.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom