ambient swells using fx8

Jon White

Anybody rocking out any lush volume swell style delay effects? Something similar to a Strymon "swell" setting or a Line 6 "Auto volume echo"?

yep... use them all the time... if you look at the preset thread I posted a slightly odd variation of this the other day... if you can't figure out what's going on, just ask :)

I'm going to check that out!
Anybody get effects similar to EQD Afterneath? I loved that pedal but it got sacrificed in a move to gather funds

Afterneath sounds like a medium-long delay with short delay on th erpeats...splashed with some cool reverb.Great pedal, but I think FX8 can get in the ballpark

just checked it out online... that's 100% doable... try the Megatap Delay! Or maybe the normal delay but mess with the diffusion... I'l have go tomorrow and see what I can do :)

Afterneath sounds like a medium-long delay with short delay on th repeats...splashed with some cool reverb.Great pedal, but I think FX8 can get in the ballpark

So I started working on this, but got distracted by a cool sound I made... :D

If you play with this a bit it can get pretty close-ish, but I think I'll have to use the MegaTap delay to get closer.

Still, I think this weird little delay I just created is pretty sweet in it's own right...

Attachments

• QED Beforebove v0.1.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 56
OK thanks. Sounds great, wasn't sure of the FX8 was able to do auto volume swells or not. Mine is due for delivery today!

It DEFINITELY is!! I use them on a bunch of things... and you can REALLY tweak them to get them exactly like you want!

Thanks! The Line 6 Helix has no auto volume swells, which is one of the reasons why I am going from a Helix to an FX8 straight into my tube combo.

Thanks! The Line 6 Helix has no auto volume swells, which is one of the reasons why I am going from a Helix to an FX8 straight into my tube combo.
Yep! I actually was asking them about that on TGP months and months ago... Seems ridiculous... But controllers and scenes are things I can't live without that the Helix will probably just never have.

Just received the FX8. Unbelievable improvement over the Helix (IMO). So how do you add a "Slow Gear" type of block to a patch? I'm running all pre, into the front of my amp. Thanks

Had surgery yesterday so I am forced to stay home today and play with the FX8 all day today. I am really hurting ha ha

OK guys, with the risk of sounding very stupid, could I ask - what is the basic idea of setting up a volume swell block? I HAVE one and copied it from someone else's patch to my stuff (sounds great), but I don't understand how it is working. Somehow it detects and slowly raises the volume automatically. I get that. But I'm not understanding how it would work from scratch. Looking at the block, I still don't follow. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! (PS: loving the FX8 way more than the Helix!)

Back
Top Bottom