Ambient Patch & Tutorial

Great video. The weird thing is, this is almost exactly like an ambient patch I've made on my Axe FX at home... creepy.

Thx for this Leon! Your vids are always so informative and well presented! :)

Question.....what is the purpose for running that delay in parallel? Is it more for a stereo image thing? I am not well versed in these things.

It's easier to control the relative level of delay vs. unaffected guitar signal. If you run in series and use mix, when you turn up the mix to get the delay to be louder then your clean tone will get quieter. If you run in parallel, you can use the amp level to set your clean guitar sound to whatever level you want, and then use the the level control of the parallel effect to dial in the amount of the effect without changing the clean level.

Amazing...thanks so much for schooling us! If you get a chance, please provide the preset so we can learn from it....

Thanks so much guys! There's pretty much an endless number of options once you get into stacking effects like this (not to mention running parallel chains with multiple blocks and using the feedback send/return blocks) so i'd be very keen to ehar what other people do when taking this approach.

Amazing...thanks so much for schooling us! If you get a chance, please provide the preset so we can learn from it....

Here you go http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=6754

i ended up swapping the IR's for some Vox IR's so it sounds a bit different, and I ditched the trem so feel free to add it or substitute it for something else.

What's the process for assigning a button on the MFC101 to a reverb hold? Is it possible to have one button trigger a reverb hold and delay hold, or multiple reverb holds?

What's the process for assigning a button on the MFC101 to a reverb hold? Is it possible to have one button trigger a reverb hold and delay hold, or multiple reverb holds?

Attach a control switch to the Reverb hold using the modifier menu

One tweak I think makes the tape speed modulation sound better is to set the modifier update rate to Fast instead of Slow. I think on the Slow setting it samples the LFO less frequently and so the motor speed jumps around a bit instead of smoothly changing.

One tweak I think makes the tape speed modulation sound better is to set the modifier update rate to Fast instead of Slow. I think on the Slow setting it samples the LFO less frequently and so the motor speed jumps around a bit instead of smoothly changing.

I'll give that a try for sure

Attach a control switch to the Reverb hold using the modifier menu

Being lazy one day I used a CC/pedal ( I have 4; 4th is a wildcard) to use the delay hold for the end of the Limelight solo. Toe down was hold. Heel down releases.

Back
Top Bottom