Ambient-ish Bass Improv. I'm loving FW 10

Guys and Gals,

So after a day of re-initializing FW10 on the Axe, I got busy writing. It seems that everything got really wonky when I tried to use Axe-edit. Presets were really funky, so I reinstalled FW 10 and started again from scratch. It was painful, but I got some work done. Decided I'd end my day by doing something peaceful for my mind and spirit. So here's a little ditty based of L'homme Arme'. The bass is my SR705 going into a Darkglass B7K in the effects loop and into the SV Model. CE-2 Chorus, a couple delays, and this new reverb on the Axe. It sounds quite nice frankly! The cab is a custom IR I mixed from the Redwirez 8x10 SVT cab. Details for post-processing at the link. I hope you enjoy it!!!

Nice work! Sounds great. Love to hear bass as a feature lead instrument. Yes, FW 10 is awesome.

[you ought to link to this clip via a post in the Bass & Other Instruments section of the forum]

Done and done, Jim! I'm always surprised that the bass guitar gets so little love on this forum. The thing is great for recording and live use. I think FW10 has really stepped up the SV Model as well. All smiles here!

Back
Top Bottom