Ambient In-Ears

At some point ...this is like skis on a boat.

Ive been iem for several years...and hating the isolated disconnected thing...I used some cheap buds that you can hear the stage pretty well through. Gotta watch the volume...and prob won't work on loud stages...but I preferred it. Worth a shot. But I realize guitar players love to spend money.

Figure they're worth a shot at least. Found a deal so what the heck. Can probably get something for my Shure's too.

For very cheap maybe. I don't expect much at all if anything. I know my drummer needs a pair and doesn't have much to spend so might start there. Not really worried about it.

eeew would never buy used.. like buying used underwear.

I dont get the ambient thing. I get plenty in mic bleed.

When I used in-ears the fact I had to take one out to talk to anyone on stage was what made me go away from them. These were cheap Shure ones.

Do these ambient one allow you to hear what people are saying to you while you have them in your ears?

I own the Westone Pro 30's and gigged with them last weekend. I like them - I did a lot of testing during the show (both in, one out, both out) and found that I liked hearing more outside noise than what they allowed so 'one in' was the way I went for most of the show. We didn't have floor wedges though - so the one in was so that I could hear the singers and the other guitar player. I was using my ASM-12 for a guitar monitor too.

This was my first outing with them - next weekend I'm going to try with both in again - and see if it's just something I need to get used to.

Sound wise though, my guitar sounded pretty good in them. Not AS good as coming through the ASM but I didn't really expect that either so I wasn't really disappointed.

My main battle with every in-ear system I've used is getting a complete seal. Even a small breach destroys everything I like about IEMs and causes my ears to ring. The only way for me to effectively add crowd ambience is to use mics.

Back
Top Bottom