Ambient Guitar - Quantum FW FTW

Horganovski

Experienced
A short ambient guitar piece. If you're having a bad day (or even a good one!) I hope it might help you chill out for a moment.

No synths or samples used, everything here is coming from a Fender Strat through the amazing Axe FX II XL, FW Quantum Beta.

Hope you enjoy it.

Thanks guys! Glad you enjoyed it.

You should do a "Making of..." video. I'd like to see how you put this together.

It was pretty straightforward really, just the Axe FX looper mainly and layering different parts with volume swells for the parts that sound like strings. Everything was recorded in one take out of the XLR outs to a Tascam portable recorder (I use that a lot for more spontaneous stuff when I don't want to set up my DAW).

I made a video a while back where I included a 'pedalboard cam' which shows a little of my process I guess. Each one tends to be a little different depending on my mood and what I'm going for.
The 3 Boss switches control the looper (Rec/reverse/Dub) and I have 4 expression pedals hooked up (cab level, looper level, whammy, wah on most patches). Oh and a Roland Damper pedal that's connected to Reverb Hold. I often use that for generating a pad-type sound and then record it into the looper so that I can play over it with reverb.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom