Ambient Cleans For Mark Holcomb's Darksun Riff

Scias

The Amp here is the 6G12 Concert going through both Pre-Rola 55 and 75 cabs, then through an analogue delay block and deep space reverb block, along with some usual/subtle processes like compression and tape drive pre amp block and some subtle pitched reverbs in parallel

Hi Scias. Could we please have the patch. I would like to dissect as this is a sound I can really use.
Thanks Nick

The Amp here is the 6G12 Concert going through both Pre-Rola 55 and 75 cabs, then through an analogue delay block and deep space reverb block, along with some usual/subtle processes like compression and tape drive pre amp block and some subtle pitched reverbs in parallel

Woah!!! Really awesome sound and playing! I too would be grateful if you shared the patch.

Hey my presets are a work in progress, it might take a while before I'm happy with them but will be sure to share them when I am

Understandable. Would you be able to share some insights on your delay block settings in the meantime? That’s what I’m particularly interested in.

Sure i've got the delay time about 970ms on analogue stereo delay, 46% feedback on L and R channels, 130% master feedback, just don't turn it that high if you get increasing feedback that you can't stop. In the tone tab I have 0.75 drive and a tiny amount of bit reduction and diffusion to give that degrading sound as the echos go on, and diffusion time nearly all the way up (not sure exactly what that does but I liked the sound). I got the EQ tab just boosting mids and completely cutting highs and lows to 0 so the echos sound progressively more lofi/vintage/tape as they repeat

Sure i've got the delay time about 970ms on analogue stereo delay, 46% feedback on L and R channels, 130% master feedback, just don't turn it that high if you get increasing feedback that you can't stop. In the tone tab I have 0.75 drive and a tiny amount of bit reduction and diffusion to give that degrading sound as the echos go on, and diffusion time nearly all the way up (not sure exactly what that does but I liked the sound). I got the EQ tab just boosting mids and completely cutting highs and lows to 0 so the echos sound progressively more lofi/vintage/tape as they repeat
Thank you! I've never messed around with the diffusion or bit reduction, but man is that nice! I also like to play with the mod LFO depth, setting it to about 20% with a HIGH depth range. I like the movement of the sound as it moves through the delay... kind of like a chorus effect, but not so much... I don't really like chorus very much, but that's just my preference.

Thanks again for sharing!

I completely agree about the mod LFO. My one is slowly waving from one side to another which I forgot to mention, with the minimum depth possible

Can you share the preset. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom