Amazing Show and Great Performance + AXEFX Sighting ...

∞Fractals

Fractal Fanatic
Bowie_Vision.jpg

Notice the little green screen? ;) We are everywhere! :cool:

Also the guitar player in the middle is our own "Sleestak" gigging last night at a great local (Seattle, Wa) small venue with delicious food and a great, active crowd. Dancing all around, all night and rocking the house with dynamic tributes to David Bowie. And I can only imagine all the hours he has into crafting those presets, much less gigging them seamlessly. Man, he makes it look so easy. The guitarist on the right is really the FOH guy who stood in for a tune ... solid player too!

And props to the whole band for an incredibly good show. First class the whole way. Back up singing, lead vocals nails Bowie, sax, keys and the bass player never stopped smiling. :D The whole band was grooving the entire time. (There was an elderly couple front row who was bopping right along with the whole place/band.) Just great vibes all over.

And for Sleestak - what a awesome, professional and artistic job of just nailing all those various, historic players' tones (Stevie Ray Vaughan, Robert Fripp, Adrian Belew, Mick Ronson, David Torn, Earl Slick, Reeves Gabrels, Carlos Alomar, etc.).

What great performance, sound was just right - not too loud, crystal clear and yet still a rock concert! Hard to believe how a live gig can capture all those historic, well known tunes/tonezzzz ... but well arranged, played, produced. Also very cool lighting and video production running concurrently, and all live (no sequencing).

Well done BowieVison!

Bowievison2.jpg

Last edited:
Sleestak has come to my Seattle Fractal meet up, too. You should come to the next one, infinite :).

I'm sad I missed this one - I didn't know it was coming up so soon. I'll have to catch the next one for sure!

Sleestak has come to my Seattle Fractal meet up, too. You should come to the next one, infinite :).

I'm sad I missed this one - I didn't know it was coming up so soon. I'll have to catch the next one for sure!

Absolutely.

(I think he's gigging tonight - but might be another band?)

Here's the link (sorry for hijacking your thread):

I run them, in so far as I organize them with the studios, admin the facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1608910059428840/) and so on. RehearsalWorks (in Sumner) and soon UberBeatz (Lynnwood) will be the two studios I bounce back and forth with as hosts. Without either of these studios being gracious with their time and such, it'd be a little more difficult to put these on, so big thanks to those guys, too!

As you can see, it's for all modeler/profilers out there. We don't have a big enough Fractal community here (yet) for a dedicated event.

Thanks so much for the kind words! It was great to see you there, and I enjoyed chatting with you.

This band project is a lot of fun. I couldn't do it without the AxeFX, and with all that musical ground to cover, I've had incentive to dig into the AxeFX to learn how to use it effectively. I have a week without gigs (which is pretty rare with my three bands!) and I'm going to build a patches for a few new songs. Craig (the FOH engineer who sat in on "Sound and Vision") is a great player and an all-around great guy - and he was the FOH sound engineer for Nirvana. When that guy compliments the AxeFX direct tone, that's saying something.

For anyone considering glow-in-the-dark labels for their MFC-101, take a look at this shot of my pedalboard. The awesome, bright tags on my MFC are KickTags, purchased from @Toadfish here on our forum. We use projections throughout the show, plus scene blackouts. I'd never find my pedalboard if it weren't for these glowing tags! Disclaimer : the (much less awesome) glow labels on my EV-1 pedals / Mission pedal / outboard switches are homebrew stickers I made myself.

It's a blast to meet other AxeFX users, and to hear how people are using the system in a variety of settings. It seems like every show we play, I wind up meeting someone in the audience who is a musician with an AxeFX. I hope to be in town for the next local meetup. @selta does a great job of putting these events together, and they're enjoyable.

Attachments

• 2016-06-24 Pedalboard.jpg
    2016-06-24 Pedalboard.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 30
Thanks so much for the kind words! It was great to see you there, and I enjoyed chatting with you.

This band project is a lot of fun. I couldn't do it without the AxeFX, and with all that musical ground to cover, I've had incentive to dig into the AxeFX to learn how to use it effectively. I have a week without gigs (which is pretty rare with my three bands!) and I'm going to build a patches for a few new songs. Craig (the FOH engineer who sat in on "Sound and Vision") is a great player and an all-around great guy - and he was the FOH sound engineer for Nirvana. When that guy compliments the AxeFX direct tone, that's saying something.

For anyone considering glow-in-the-dark labels for their MFC-101, take a look at this shot of my pedalboard. The awesome, bright tags on my MFC are KickTags, purchased from @Toadfish here on our forum. We use projections throughout the show, plus scene blackouts. I'd never find my pedalboard if it weren't for these glowing tags! Disclaimer : the (much less awesome) glow labels on my EV-1 pedals / Mission pedal / outboard switches are homebrew stickers I made myself.

It's a blast to meet other AxeFX users, and to hear how people are using the system in a variety of settings. It seems like every show we play, I wind up meeting someone in the audience who is a musician with an AxeFX. I hope to be in town for the next local meetup. @selta does a great job of putting these events together, and they're enjoyable.

Always great to hear my relatively insignificant endeavour is benefitting someone (other than me!) in the way I always hope they will. Thanks for the shout out brother :)

Sukh

Back
Top Bottom