Amazing Guitarist most of us know of -IMHO- Just so Good

Yeah, she’s an amazing guitarist. Her phrasing is up there with the best. Definitely check out her new album if you get a chance. It features Vinnie Colaiuta, Nathan East, as well as a guest solo by Joe Satriani. Good stuff.

So this is suppose to be a demo for the pedal shown. But I believe the guitarist stole the spotlight. Well worth the 2+ minutes of your time.

We definitely need more of that around here. Speaking of, I wonder how many women are active members in the forum?

We definitely need more of that around here. Speaking of, I wonder how many women are active members in the forum?
Sadly solo, I don't think too many. We both have been here for long time and I can count on one hand how many-well I can only go by POST they make. I remember 3, been here since the beginning. Sad really.

I love Lari's playing, she's amazing. I remember seeing one interview with her where she said she gave up being a lawyer to play music full time. Not a bad choice I think!

I honestly believe she is a HUGE part of the guitar in the 21st Century. Just incredible-mind boggling how effortlessly she switches from pick to fingers. I do that but about 1/10th the speed.

Amazing player, great tone, but I just can't get into her music. Too much jazz for my liking. I wish she did more straight up instrumental rock stuff, even though at this point it'd probably be boring for her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing player, great tone, but I just can't get into her music. Too much jazz for my liking. I wish he did more straight up instrumental rock stuff, even though at this point it'd probably be boring for her.
She's only 32 yrs old. I think she will expand as she grows. She definitely "could" play ANY anything if she desires. I understand what you mean though. I thought the demo video I posted sure had lots of rock type riffs. Doesn't sound like jazz to me. Just my opinion. But as you state, most of her other stuff is jazz oriented. I mean I am a blues\rock type guy, always have been. But as I got older I have learned to just appreciate great guitar playing.

@plexi59 This ones for you ;) This is about 5 years ago.......Guitars are dead??? Yeah right!
Uhh, so no one noticed the axefx behind the dark haired girl-whoever she is. I posted this for Lara's playing -period. But nice to see the axefx, so why isn't this girl on the forum. Wait, she probably is.

Last edited:
And I do appreciate her playing don't get me wrong. She's much better than most of us here will ever be. It's her music that doesn't do much for me.

And I do appreciate her playing don't get me wrong. She's much better than most of us here will ever be. It's her music that doesn't do much for me.

Hey, I do understand and respect your statements. Truth be told and this is dangerous on this forum, but I cannot handle heavy metal shredding no brain nonsense screaming.
That is not to say people like Metallica, I do not put them in that class at all. To me they and folks like them are heavy rock-imho.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom