• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Amazing Guitarist most of us know of -IMHO- Just so Good

lyricbread

Experienced
Yeah, she’s an amazing guitarist. Her phrasing is up there with the best. Definitely check out her new album if you get a chance. It features Vinnie Colaiuta, Nathan East, as well as a guest solo by Joe Satriani. Good stuff.

solo-act

Fractal Fanatic
So this is suppose to be a demo for the pedal shown. But I believe the guitarist stole the spotlight. Well worth the 2+ minutes of your time.
We definitely need more of that around here. Speaking of, I wonder how many women are active members in the forum?

Stratman68

Fractal Fanatic
We definitely need more of that around here. Speaking of, I wonder how many women are active members in the forum?
Sadly solo, I don't think too many. We both have been here for long time and I can count on one hand how many-well I can only go by POST they make. I remember 3, been here since the beginning. Sad really.

Kamil Kisiel

Experienced
I love Lari's playing, she's amazing. I remember seeing one interview with her where she said she gave up being a lawyer to play music full time. Not a bad choice I think!

Stratman68

Fractal Fanatic
I honestly believe she is a HUGE part of the guitar in the 21st Century. Just incredible-mind boggling how effortlessly she switches from pick to fingers. I do that but about 1/10th the speed.

plexi59

Power User
Amazing player, great tone, but I just can't get into her music. Too much jazz for my liking. I wish she did more straight up instrumental rock stuff, even though at this point it'd probably be boring for her.

Last edited:

Stratman68

Fractal Fanatic
Amazing player, great tone, but I just can't get into her music. Too much jazz for my liking. I wish he did more straight up instrumental rock stuff, even though at this point it'd probably be boring for her.
She's only 32 yrs old. I think she will expand as she grows. She definitely "could" play ANY anything if she desires. I understand what you mean though. I thought the demo video I posted sure had lots of rock type riffs. Doesn't sound like jazz to me. Just my opinion. But as you state, most of her other stuff is jazz oriented. I mean I am a blues\rock type guy, always have been. But as I got older I have learned to just appreciate great guitar playing.

Stratman68

Fractal Fanatic
@plexi59 This ones for you ;) This is about 5 years ago.......Guitars are dead??? Yeah right!
Uhh, so no one noticed the axefx behind the dark haired girl-whoever she is. I posted this for Lara's playing -period. But nice to see the axefx, so why isn't this girl on the forum. Wait, she probably is.

Last edited:

plexi59

Power User
And I do appreciate her playing don't get me wrong. She's much better than most of us here will ever be. It's her music that doesn't do much for me.

Stratman68

Fractal Fanatic
And I do appreciate her playing don't get me wrong. She's much better than most of us here will ever be. It's her music that doesn't do much for me.
Hey, I do understand and respect your statements. Truth be told and this is dangerous on this forum, but I cannot handle heavy metal shredding no brain nonsense screaming.
That is not to say people like Metallica, I do not put them in that class at all. To me they and folks like them are heavy rock-imho.

Last edited:
Top Bottom