Amazed and a question

jsletner

Experienced
Amazed: OK FW 10 is really cool. Hard to believe it keeps getting better. There is a roundness or bounce to the pick attack that was hard to get before. I had it before, but only on a couple of presets. It's seems to be the default sound now and I love it.

Question: One of my favorite patches was the Dr. Z TMA off of AxeChange. It's a little to bright for me now. Since TMA was a correction for inaccuracies in the previous model and Mimic has theoretically corrected for that, doesn't that mean the previous TMA is not really needed any more? In a way with a TMA (for a stock Axe amp) created prior to Mimic and Mimic we have a double correction? So rather than tweaking the amp maybe I should just replace the IR I had created from the TMA with a stock IR. The only reason I hesitate is that the patch was truly magical before. I know, use my ears, and I will. Just making sure I understand the theory behind it.

Also is a TMA of a built in amp really of any value now? Seems like it would be mostly used for amps that the Axe doesn't have. I don't know what Amp that would be but I'm sure somebody out there has a rare one they want to have.

Oh yeah, the Plexi and the Dumble are killer. Haven't got much further than that, but today IS Saturday! :D

For the most part, just bypass the TM block and see how it sounds. I am running almost all my amp blocks with just cab and some reverb.... I find it *that* good.

Back
Top Bottom