Am I the only one? (AXE's screen and Helix content)

Of course. with a price increase. Which I think many people wouldn't like.

Of course, but that's a different issue. Most people who claim the current screen is fine don't quote cost as a factor, they say that the current screen is green and looks cool. That they don't want to watch TV and that they don't use it at all because they have Axe-Edit. That's what is ridiculous. The cost argument is at least rational.

Bricasti M7/Design System 4. Lexicon PCM96. Eventide H8000FW. All are "flagship" devices that utilize utilitarian displays. The AX8/AxeFX II display is in good company.

I am more interested in contrast than color or elaborate graphics; to that end, these displays are appropriately implemented.

Though some might appreciate or desire fanciful amenities, are these actually needed?

That's called "make do". It's not better, it's what you got. Will it do the job? Yes, it will.
I'm sure the design team would have preferred the "fancy" screen though, even if you don't care about it.

I know what you mean and I agree with that. The thing is... Correct me if I am wrong but I think from a sales-man point of view the FAS guys would prefer to sell units that sounds good (Which is the ultimate goal) with cheaper price to more people than have a fancy screen and deliver it with higher price to fewer people. Don't u agree? :)

Of course, but that's a different issue. Most people who claim the current screen is fine don't quote cost as a factor, they say that the current screen is green and looks cool. That they don't want to watch TV and that they don't use it at all because they have Axe-Edit. That's what is ridiculous. The cost argument is at least rational.

In that case I think we both think in the same way. I would never say that the green screen is better than let's say an I Pad quality screen. But I prefer to have the best tone with cheaper price. at the end of the day, My priority is the tone not the screen. like you I think the argument you mentioned above is ridiculous as well.

FAS guys would prefer to sell units that sounds good (Which is the ultimate goal) with cheaper price to more people than have a fancy screen and deliver it with higher price to fewer people. Don't u agree? :)
I'm sure that's the main reason for some design decisions. Mr. Chase himself posted something along those lines when commenting on the Helix unit. IIRC he said that it was impressive that they could add that kind of screen at that price point.
I'm sure that if Fractal could do it at the same price, they would.

But I prefer to have the best tone with cheaper price. at the end of the day, My priority is the tone not the screen

Like I said in my first post in this thread, I can most certainly live with the screen for the tone I get. I'm not against paying a hundred or two more for the same thing with a better screen though. And I would most certainly happily pay for an MFC with a better screen. But I do realize that the current price is already steep for the market, so whatever, I'll accept what I have.

I'm sure that's the main reason for some design decisions. Mr. Chase himself posted something along those lines when commenting on the Helix unit. IIRC he said that it was impressive that they could add that kind of screen at that price point.
I'm sure that if Fractal could do it at the same price, they would.

I agree.

Back
Top Bottom