Am I setting my gate wrong?

Have you tried putting the gate block before everything in your chain? I usually get that little bit of feedback squeak on my rhythm patches and its always been annoying. I downloaded Mishas patches he put up and noticed he puts the gate block before everything. I tried it on one of my normal patches and it actually helped with the feedback quite a bit. So try that if you haven't. Sorry if its already been mentioned, I didn't read through every post in here.

Have you tried putting the gate block before everything in your chain? I usually get that little bit of feedback squeak on my rhythm patches and its always been annoying. I downloaded Mishas patches he put up and noticed he puts the gate block before everything. I tried it on one of my normal patches and it actually helped with the feedback quite a bit. So try that if you haven't. Sorry if its already been mentioned, I didn't read through every post in here.

I'll try that for next practice, but should it matter considering I'm using the input gate too, which is already before everything?

I'm on my ipad, so I can't look at your patch, but if it were me, I'd probably start with backing off the boost pedal a bit. I use the CAE3+ for my high gain and boost it with the Eternal Love> gain 0 and level at 8. On the CAE3+ model drive is at 5, bass 3.40, mids at 6.66 (\m/,) and treble at 7.65.

I put my gate after the amp, before my post amp fx and cab. Settings are: thresh -15.6, ratio 2.66, att 3.70, rel 73.82, hold 100,

One other thing that I'd say is that you might want to set aside approaching it the way you would a real amp, I started out that way, and fought with it for awhile. So now, when I'm working on a new sound, I start with everything on the amp at 5 and go from there.

I've contacted Fractal Support since I've exhausted all possibilities that I could think of. Hoping they can fix this issue for me, otherwise I may have to just keep it at home for recording and buy a new amp to use live... Which I don't have the money for, especially not before our next show in May. :(

So I tried placing the gate at the very beginning of the chain as suggested, and no change whatsoever (which is what I had expected).

I'm on my ipad, so I can't look at your patch, but if it were me, I'd probably start with backing off the boost pedal a bit. I use the CAE3+ for my high gain and boost it with the Eternal Love> gain 0 and level at 8. On the CAE3+ model drive is at 5, bass 3.40, mids at 6.66 (\m/,) and treble at 7.65.

I put my gate after the amp, before my post amp fx and cab. Settings are: thresh -15.6, ratio 2.66, att 3.70, rel 73.82, hold 100,

One other thing that I'd say is that you might want to set aside approaching it the way you would a real amp, I started out that way, and fought with it for awhile. So now, when I'm working on a new sound, I start with everything on the amp at 5 and go from there.

When it comes to EQ and such that's exactly what I do, I don't think about it as a real amp. But for something as basic as the level on a drive pedal you'd think it would be made to accurately reflect that? Maybe the numbers inside the unit would say otherwise but I'm getting the same sound as I would get if I was using a real drive pedal with the same settings, so why would it feedback so much more?

I'll try placing a gate after the amp and see what happens, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom