Am I Number 1?

Robboman

Fractal Fanatic
I got three exciting emails from Fractal today..

FX8 Waitlist Purchase Invite arrived @ 1:14 pm
FX8 Order confirmation @ 2:43 pm
FX8 HAS SHIPPED confirmation @ 3:02 pm

Am I first normal guy to order? (Beta guys and rock stars don't count.. lol!)

I got three exciting emails from Fractal today..

FX8 Waitlist Purchase Invite arrived @ 1:14 pm
FX8 Order confirmation @ 2:43 pm
FX8 HAS SHIPPED confirmation @ 3:02 pm

Am I first normal guy to order? (Beta guys and rock stars don't count.. lol!)

Congrats Rob, Will you be the first with the in depth youtube vid for us all to see lol

UPS tracking says my FX8 is in town on a truck out for delivery TODAY? Whaaa?

Two days is silly fast shipping to western Canada. I was expecting maybe next week.

This whole FX8 buying experience is surreal compared to my past Fractal experience. Each time when I bought my Ultra, MFC and Axe-Fx II I first had to endure months and months on waitlists. On top of that, FAS was stuck between changing shipping options when my II was ready - they would not ship to Canada at all at that time. So I had it sent to a UPS store near the border and then drove 9 hrs round trip to go pick it up.

Thanks Fractal! You guys rock the most.

UPS tracking says my FX8 is in town on a truck out for delivery TODAY?

Thanks for sharing. I'm sure you also eat giant pizzas in front of the starving and make out with your wife in front of lonely single people. ;)

Either that first batch was tiny, or I've pissed off the wrong person. I got on the waitlist about an hour after you, and I've heard nothing.

Thanks for sharing. I'm sure you also eat giant pizzas in front of the starving and make out with your wife in front of lonely single people. ;)

That's my plans for this evening. Pizza, FX8 testing and then make out :) Howd you know?

Either that first batch was tiny, or I've pissed off the wrong person. I got on the waitlist about an hour after you, and I've heard nothing.

I feel your pain, seriously. Been there (as I described). But I really expect the waitlist for FX8 won't be as bad as past FAS products, so hang in there.

Note - this is not to make any one jealous, but I just received and opened my FX8. As Lord Vader would say, "MOST IMPRESSIVE." The FX8 is built like a proverbial tank. It is hefty and solid. Heavier than an MFC (at least to my puny little arms). Oh, the things I have planned for this box. Boggles the mind.

I only have time for a quick hook up to run through the first preset. Everything sounds as impatiently expected. I'm not sure how I will eventually run it. I don't gig, but have a few different playing/writing/recording areas in my house. My home studio has the Axe-FX II running into a CLR. I also have a mini set-up in my bedroom (MacBook, a two THRs that I use as monitors for the MacBook and IPad Guitar sims), Amplifi - which I use as a monitor for an Amplifire and a few pedals that I rotate. Just tried running it direct (pre) into the Amplifire. Sounds wonderful even at literally "bedroom" levels. I'm really digging the Plexi on the Amplifire (I have a Rush preset that I just cannot stop playing). Now with the FX8, I can have a full pedal board at my disposal.

Great job by Cliff, Matt and co (as usual). Worth the wait.

Last edited:
Note - not to make any jealous, but...

Woot! I'm number... 3?

[Cue chorus of angels]

IMG_1781.JPG

IMG_1782.JPG

IMG_1783.JPG

IMG_1784.JPG

Out of box 1st impressions.. simply beautiful piece of hardware. Clean, solid, heavy. Looks great. Knobs and buttons feel good. Plastic over screen and aluminium sides. Printed manual (in this day and age). Love the 'handle'.. I think of it more as a stomp protector for the knobs, but I've already used it as a handle. Nice balance.

Same size as the MFC. The LCD looks sharper, clearer, brighter and greener than my MFC and my Axe-Fx II (both Mk 1 originals).

IMG_1785.JPG

IMG_1787.PNG

Two more things I LOVE already,

1). The switch LEDs are plenty bright but not obnoxious like my old MFC. On a dark stage the MFCs were too bright and would kind of wash out into a blur (at least with my eyes). The FX8 LEDS are perfecto.

2). No need whatsoever to label the FX8 switches with Stomp labels or the like. The 8 blocks onscreen correspond perfectly to the 8 switches at your feet and are large and bold enough to see easily. Beautiful.

Spacing between footswitches is wider than MFC. Nice, I always felt the MFC was a little tight and sometimes stomped two switches by accident.

Robboman, which pedal board case is that? I have the Pedal Train 2 Hard Case and I hope the FX8 and two EV-1 pedals fit...

Love the 'handle'.. I think of it more as a stomp protector for the knobs, but I've already used it as a handle. Nice balance.
It's dual-purpose: it protects the knobs from your foot (very effectively, at that), and it's a handle, nicely balanced as you said. The FX8 sits almost perfectly level when you carry it.

Back
Top Bottom