Am I missing something?

My hunch is the pickups are pretty hot and, consequently, the front end is getting hit hard resulting in a little flub. If it were me, I'd tweak the Input EQ Low Cut in the Amp block, though if it really bothered me, I might try lowering the (bass side) pickup height or use passive pickups.

Last edited:
Hey guys, here are a couple DI recordings. made them with input 1 straight into output 1, recorded to reaper over usb. They sound pretty horrible imo lol. hopefully this helps. first one is neck single coil, second is bridge humbucker.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z4i2s23vadaxjou/DI1.wav?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/en5vmrwawqkdvon/DI2.wav?dl=0
Sounds fine here through my studio monitors.
If you are getting too much bass, just lower it in the amp block. My technique is palm mute hard. If I hear too much flub, turn down the bass until it's tight. Also some times the master vol in the amp block gets turned down. I like it because then when I play softer it cleans up nicely.
And the trick of a PEQ at the end works wonders.

@Dhamiii Here are a couple of before and after clips using the Shiver preset (#019). The "Before" samples were recorded at the stock amp settings. The "After" samples were recorded with the Low Cut in the Amp block's Input EQ section set to 245 Hz. You mentioned in your opening post that you already tried adjusting the Low Cut in the Input EQ section of the Amp block, but to my ears, it definitely helps cut the low-end. If it still sounds bassy, apply more cut.

Single Coils (Before)
Single Coils (After)

Humbuckers (Before)
Humbuckers (After)

Still too much low-end? Here's another sample with the Low Cut set to 390 Hz and the Output EQ section's 125 Hz band set to -2.20:

Humbuckers (After #2)

Last edited:
@Dhamiii Here are a couple of before and after clips using the Shiver preset (#019). The "Before" samples were recorded at the stock amp settings. The "After" samples were recorded with the Low Cut in the Amp block's Input EQ section set to 245 Hz. You mentioned in your opening post that you already tried adjusting the Low Cut in the Input EQ section of the Amp block, but to my ears, it definitely helps cut the low-end. If it still sounds bassy, apply more cut.

Single Coils (Before)
Single Coils (After)

Humbuckers (Before)
Humbuckers (After)

Nice! Those all sound really good to my ears! The before Humbuckers was a little muddy, but the after was much better! The Single coils were both really nice, I'd have a tough time choosing there!

Those sound better. I have used the low cut parameter before, but not to that extent... usually around 100 hz. I would have thought that much more than that would sound too thin. Ill twist some knobs when I get home today and see how things work out.

Back
Top Bottom