Am I easy to please?

atquinn

Power User
I was messing around with a preset and I added a Phaser block set to Classic Vibe and it was perfect. I wanted to add a rotary as an alternate sound so I added in a Rotary block and it was perfect. When I first got an Axe 2 years ago it seemed like alot more tweaking was necessary? I set up my effects at the time and then copied them to new presets as necessary. So I guess I didn't notice how "dialed-in" they've gotten over the various firmware revisions?
-
Austin

Last edited:
I don't know how it was before, but with my FX8 I found that most of the default settings on most of the effects sounded just like I wanted. I remember digging deeper with the drives because they needed to be matched to my guitar, amp and ear. I also remember fiddling with the bulb parameters on the univibe sound. Beyond that, I think everything else was to my liking without much fiddling. Of course the deep editing allows the user to do so much more. I think I read somewhere that M@ described it as innovating rather than imitating. That's a good description.

Yes!!! There are actually times where I feel like I should turn knobs just because I am so used to doing that even though it sounds good already...the AX8 is so crazy easy...

Back
Top Bottom