Am I crazy?

rutero

Been out of money lately and seriously considering selling my ultra. I'm planning to get a Yamaha THR10 instead. The problem is that I have some serious recording projects coming and fear that the trade can harm the process critically. It seems to sound great (in the videos) and I don't need a hundred different sounds and effects. But it has to be a lot worse for being so cheap? Bad A/D, D/A convertors and an inefficient processor. I'm thinking about getting the II when I have more money someday. But I am I doing here the the worst by selling my beloved Ultra?

Don't do it!!! You'll regret it. Then again you didn't exactly come to the right place if you want an unbiased opinion.

I'm a djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

5B07F01909C34A9B8AE1C95C0B3CD4DF_12005.jpg

THR's Virtual Tube Illumination includes a simulated orange tube glow from the metal speaker grille.

:lol:lol:lol:lol

If you need money, you need money. The AxeFX is a great tool, but it shouldn't be the reason you're scrapping for cash. A cheap amp and a couple overdrives would allow you to free up some cash.

Hey guys, wouldn't sell either Axe Fx for this. But don't mock until you've played through this thing. It blew me away for what it is. Extremely musical and versatile and runs on batteries or AC.

Hey guys, wouldn't sell either Axe Fx for this. But don't mock until you've played through this thing. It blew me away for what it is. Extremely musical and versatile and runs on batteries or AC.

It doesn't sound too shabby, out of all the youtube vids I have heard they all tend to have that boxy tone about it so it sounds like it's suited to a cretin style of music.

It doesn't sound too shabby, out of all the youtube vids I have heard they all tend to have that boxy tone about it so it sounds like it's suited to a cretin style of music.

lol ..... question is .... was that a typo or a Freudian slip?

lol ..... question is .... was that a typo or a Freudian slip?

Typo on my part, 3 glasses of 3 blind moose Cab so the key board is not in focus that well
burpy.gif

Guys. It's a battery powered practice amp. No, don't sell your Axe FX's. That would be silly. But for what it does, this thing is pretty cool. If you can point me in the direction of something that fits in a large cable pocket of a gig bag and runs on batteries that sounds as good or better, please do. I'm looking for just that.

To the OP:

You're not going to get a very unbiased answer to such a question @ this forum.

I definately wouldn´t recommend that you sell your Ultra if you have serious recording projects on the horizon, unless you 1) absolutely need to or 2) need to and the studio or some friend(s) have some good gear that you can use on these sessions.

The THR is a practice amp and maybe a fine one (?), not a serious recording amp - unless you are going for a certain lo-fi edge that you fell the THR has (?) - if that was what you brought to a session with me you'd have to play like Jeff Beck or someone in that caliber not to be shown the door out immediately.

I'd absolutely advice you to hold on to the Ultra if at all possible, if not see if you can borrow amp(s), cab(s) & pedals for the sessions.

Another alternative IF you have to sell the ultra and can't borrow gear is to check the Fender Mustang floor unit currently sold for 174$ at most dealers - I have not heard/tried it but it gets really strong reviews, so maybe try one out and see if it's for you.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
your not crazy mate, your just broke.

dont have an ultra. but try 'hi cut' and 'low cut' and change amp voicing around. Also in the cab block play with the room setting

assuming its the same in the ultra as the 2

You'd have to pry my axe fx out of my cold dead hands. Of course, if you can't afford to eat or pay rent, then that'll come sooner than later. I would sell a guitar or two, go busk, play some gigs (even a few fill in ones) before selling the axe. Try to use the equipment to make a few bucks.

Sell it if you need some $$. Buy a II later. You might miss it, but you can always replace it. They're not like guitars, you can always get an Ultra again and it will sound just the same as the one you have now.

Back
Top Bottom