Am I crazy? (Quantum 1.05 Question)

sure, but if Cliff didn't think they were useful, why would he add them? he certainly deemed them valuable enough to code, so if it makes an already very good or great ir and makes it better or better suited to your application, i don't feel like it's taking anything away from the IR, just making it work better for you.
Obviously, what works for you works for you. ;)
There is nothing wrong with that. I just feel it's easier to scroll through the list of IRs and see what sticks right out of the box instead of trying to alter the sound of a specific IR in particular. Same result, different workflow.

Afaik, the mic sims (and as such many of the parameters that affect the virtual mic) are kind of a legacy feature as the early factory cabs in the Axe used a neutral mic for the impulse, whereas almost all commercial IRs (or the newer factory UR impulses) are "colored" with a mic baked-in.

Obviously, what works for you works for you. ;)
There is nothing wrong with that. I just feel it's easier to scroll through the list of IRs and see what sticks right out of the box instead of trying to alter the sound of a specific IR in particular. Same result, different workflow.

Afaik, the mic sims (and as such many of the parameters that affect the virtual mic) are kind of a legacy feature as the early factory cabs in the Axe used a neutral mic for the impulse, whereas almost all commercial IRs (or the newer factory UR impulses) are "colored" with a mic baked-in.
well yeah....but I'm not using the mic sims. the null mic was added so you could use proximity in the cab block, it doesn't add a mic color. i just like what it does to most any IR (short of a 412 for heavier music). i've always used mix IR's, never used the mic options at all.

Back
Top Bottom