Am I Crazy? (Implicit Reverb)

Gliger

I don't know if i'm crazy or not, but after these last 2 updates it seems as if there is an addition of reverb on all of my presets without me having an actual reverb block. I have tried new presets with just an amp and cab block and I still hear a reverb that I didn't ear before, am i crazy?

Have you tried plugging the headphones into the Axe-FX and listen to the presets through them? Just to exclude any possible external problem.

So heres my update and i'm even more confused. So I have made sure all cab room levels are at 0%, and all testing being done are through headphones (Guitar>Axe Fx 3>Headphones).

So I tried creating a preset from scratch. With only one input and output block there was no reverb. Adding an amp block (while sounding bad) also did not add anything. It was only when adding a cab block that the reverb returned and stayed regardless of the cab I picked or the setting that i adjusted. I then reverted my axe fx 3 to beta firmware 12.08 and the problem went away. I then reinstalled the latest firmware and the problem was gone until I turned the axe fx off (not the update turn off) and the problem returned. It is such an obvious amount of reverb than i'm pretty sure i'm not crazy, its like having a reverb block set to medium room but on everything all the time. I hope this is just a bug and not me going insane.

jiggle your headphone physical connection where it connects to the Axe. if you have a bad adaptor or cable, you can experience a "reverb" sound because the connection isn't correct.

or try it with a speaker connected to Out 1 and see if it's there.

jiggle your headphone physical connection where it connects to the Axe. if you have a bad adaptor or cable, you can experience a "reverb" sound because the connection isn't correct.

or try it with a speaker connected to Out 1 and see if it's there.

Holy F*** I feel like an idiot! Jiggling the headphone connections fixed it. Sorry for taking up forum space with this thread.

Holy F*** I feel like an idiot! Jiggling the headphone connections fixed it. Sorry for taking up forum space with this thread.

I'm glad you asked. I have never run into this before, but now am forewarned if I do experience it in the future!

Back
Top Bottom