Am I crazy for liking a stomp box sim as a Marshall sound?

Eman7422

Inspired
One of my favorite tones is ruckus (Suhr riot simulation) into band commander amp sim clean into legacy 103 for a high gain marshall sound?

What ever sounds good ,I had a preset with a fender amp and stomp in front ,loved it ,but I still love the Marshall 6ca7:)

One of my favorite tones is ruckus (Suhr riot simulation) into band commander amp sim clean into legacy 103 for a high gain marshall sound?
A lot of guitar players, including some of the big names run a pedal for their dirt.

I personally like the BB-Pre or Blues OD in front of any of the blackface models.

Yep, that was the ax8.
at least I’m consistent.
although been using the band commander as the pedal platform these days. May have to go back and check out the JTM again.

The Band Commander is a recent discovery for me on the Axe Fx, and I owned an original ‘67 Fender Band Master up until very recently! I didn’t recall the model sounding that great years ago, but it sounds better than my real black face amp now. Very cool.

Nothing wrong with whatever you think sounds good, however you’re getting there. It’s all about the tone!

I like using drive pedals on clean-ish amps, especially the Vox-style amps. But I do find the amp model doesn't matter very much in that scenario. The drive model and the cab model are much more important than the amp model for this setup.

I believe I had used a Friedman cab IR for this, but more or less the same story. Pedal sim into band commander, compared A/B to some straight up marshall tones I had dialed in, and preferred the pedal + commander set up to most.

Not quite sure what drive sim I used though. I have to check. Not suhr riot. I suspect it was either box o crunch or tone of Kings sim.

Back
Top Bottom