Alumitone Dry Recordings

Sidivan

Fractal Fanatic
I've promised a few people on here that I would do some dry recordings of the alumitones I'm always raving about and here they are. I just used some simple chords, but I did all 6 pickup positions (neck, middle, bridge, coil-tapped neck, coil-tapped middle, coil-tapped bridge). These are DRY recordings, so they're going to sound strange and probably a little sterile. The volume is naturally going to be low because it's dry. I've reamped them with my clean patch as well and that is currently uploading to soundcloud. I'm going to try to reamp and upload my crunch and high-gain channels too, but I don't know if I'll run out of "edit time" before then. If I do, I'll just post them later in this thread.

Here's through my Clean patch: Note this might be a little louder.

My adventures in reamping are over. As it turns out, the way I play the chords for the dry/clean track don't translate very well to my other patches, so I decided to just do a take on STP's Plush using my standard high-gain patch. Mind the clams. Same guitar, bridge position.

Last edited:
I'm getting used to playing dry. I play rhythm stuff, and tend to stop hearing the effects after a while.

If you're wanting to do 70s rock and ballads, they all sound great. I think the gain patch is medium gain, and maybe a little vintage for grunge.

Do you only have the alumitones in one guitar or are they in all your guitars now?

The reason I ask is because it would be pretty interesting to hear the "strings and wood" differences between guitars while using the same patch.

I have them in my two main guitars. I can do a quick recording with my other guitar, but they're both mahogany bodies with neck-through maple necks. One is rosewood fingerboard with a maple veneer, the other is ebony fingerboard with a real flame maple cap. I paid $700 for the Charvel and about $3800 for the ESP... I'm scared to do a comparison! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom