Alto TS312...anyone try it?

The only thing I can compare it to is my old crappy Gemini as12p which in all honesty was purchased just to see if I would like to go full FRFR. I have now sold it and am only running the 2 Alto TS310's. It is very clear and not too boomy, hence the reason I went with the 10" speaker. I found the 12" to be a bit too bassy for my tastes. But to each their own. :)

Ok just wanted to hear from someone that had some experience with the current offerings. I just don't want to have to make presets for several guitars in the studio and then have to remake Them all to compensate for speaker choice but I don't think I'm going to get any love from anything out there... I guess there is going to be differences no matter what...

Last edited:
Ok just wanted to hear from someone that had asme experience with the current offerings. I just don't want to have to make presets for several guitars in the studio and then have to remake Tham all to compensate for speaker choice but I don't think I'm going to get any love from anything out there...

Understood. Good luck man!

I have been looking at the alto TS speakers, and thinking about the TS308 since I just play at home, and don't need to get too loud. I'm just worried about the low end with only an 8" speaker.

If I was looking for a 12" I would go for the Headrush FRFR, it is a version of the Alto TS312 but voiced more neutral for guitar (from what I have read)

I have been looking at the alto TS speakers, and thinking about the TS308 since I just play at home, and don't need to get too loud. I'm just worried about the low end with only an 8" speaker.

If I was looking for a 12" I would go for the Headrush FRFR, it is a version of the Alto TS312 but voiced more neutral for guitar (from what I have read)

I would love to get the headrush but they are hard to come by for a good price here in Canada. If I had to choose between the 8” or 10” I would go with the 10”. The 8” may lack a bit in the low end like you said.

I'm in Canada too, and $400 seems to be the going rate which isn't too bad since they sell for $300 in the US which is $395.95 Canadian according to google. Main difference is there are pretty much no sales, or discount codes for us.

I'm in Canada too, and $400 seems to be the going rate which isn't too bad since they sell for $300 in the US which is $395.95 Canadian according to google. Main difference is there are pretty much no sales, or discount codes for us.

True, before I bought the Alto i looked on kijiji for some hits, alas, nothing.... Hence the Alto. Im not complaining Though. I think I made a good choice.

Just another update. Tomorrow I will be exchanging my 10” Alto for a 12” one. I cant seem to get rid of the vibration noise from the 10”. I dont think it handles the bass very well. Hopefully the 12” will be better.

Back
Top Bottom