ALTO SXM112A Monitor Wedge - Anyone?

JRod4928

Power User
Has anyone used this monitor wedge? It looks like it could be a pretty decent coaxial monitor option at a $300 price.

I know I know, CLR's are the best, and QSC K12's or Mackie HD1221's are good, but for this price range, how well do the SXM's perform?

I actually just found that and am watching it now, basically exactly what I was looking for. Though I feel it's like comparing a Ferrari to a Ford Taurus.... this video is fueling my GAS for an RCF, which I can't afford, literally lol

If you are in the $300 price range (and the wedge needs to be powered), I would go for a used QSC HPR122i or JBL PRX512.
Both of those will show up on Craigs List for $350-ish and will sound much better than the Alto. IMO

If you are in the $300 price range (and the wedge needs to be powered), I would go for a used QSC HPR122i or JBL PRX512.
Both of those will show up on Craigs List for $350-ish and will sound much better than the Alto. IMO

if you find those anywhere near 300 dollars, let me know where, because my search had those in the 500-600 range, used. I'm sure they're good, but there out of my range at this point.

Another monitor you might look at is Seismic audio, they have a coaxial monitor in that price range. SAX-12M-PW They are probably in the same ballpark as the Alto quality wise but for the $300 range new you're not going to get much. If you want a powered Coaxial monitor in the price range you're looking at it's gonna be Alto or Seismic I'm pretty sure these two are the only game when it comes to New $300 powered Coaxial monitors.

If you can do without a Coaxial I would look at the EV zlx or the Alto TS series.

if you find those anywhere near 300 dollars, let me know where, because my search had those in the 500-600 range, used. I'm sure they're good, but there out of my range at this point.

Keep your eye on Guitarcenter.com in the Used section.
I see PRX512's quite frequently for $350.
Unfortunately there are none on there right now, but there is a PRX612 (one generation newer) for $399.

QSC HPR 122i's I have seen for $350 as well on GC.com

I make it a point to look daily.......

A few months back I found a pair of RCF 310's (powered 10's that are killer vocal wedges) for $200 each.
And a RCF 8001 (powered single 18" sub) for $350.
You just have to keep your eyes on the site.....

Back
Top Bottom