Alternative to Mosky Dual switch?

I always buy my ancillary gear through Amazon and it was $25 so I returned it no questions asked. I'm tempted to purchase another one and try again because I know the steps to program it and it has worked in the past. But, I appreciate other options and I think some of them - The Boss in particular - would be better build quality. The other thing is the switch is thin/small so a no go if I forgo the actual board underneath. I have to look closer at the Boss offerings, but it seems they MIGHT actually work well "free floating"... meaning not tethered to a board?
Can anyone confirm?
That would mean I don't need a board at all.
I had simple switch put my switch in a larger enclosure because I wanted to use it stand alone with no board. It has worked great

im trying to use this mosky single-switch with my FC6 just for the tuner function but I’m unable to get it to work...any suggestions? (I went to the stand in switches page on the AxeFXiii fc controllers page but I don’t think it’s even being picked up there) image.jpg

Here ya go:

View attachment 80037

Nothing to it. Just two momentary pushbutton switches, a 1/4" TRS jack, some hookup wire, and an enclosure of your choice. Switch 1 shorts between the tip and sleeve of the TRS jack and switch 2 shorts between the ring and sleeve. Both normally open or normally closed switches will both work fine. Just use two of the same switch for simplicity.

Carling makes good quality footswitches. Switchcraft and Neutrik make good TRS jacks.
Suggestion: get normally-closed momentary switches. Mosky uses normally-open, and needs reverse polarity to work right. :)

I really like the Mosky Dual switch but I recently used one for a while and then one side started to fail (would no longer trigger expected functions). I made sure all of the FM3 settings were correct, still no dice and could not trust it live.
I'm wondering if there is a better switch to use around the same price (less than $50) more durable with two buttons and maybe slightly larger to sit on pedlboard better?
Actually I was thinking of getting a Mosky switch from Amazon, but there are a lot of bad reviews and comments about 1 of the 2 switches failing

Reporting back, VERY happy with the suggestion of the Boss FS-7 dual switch. No messing around with the standard polarity settings in the FM3, if I wanted to provide additional power for LED I could but I don't. VERY sturdy switch response but also responds very well to my strikes. GIG TESTED!!! I'm ecstatic with this board, everything is simple and easy to hit and I'm integrating some killer stuff (cloud reverb, rotary, trem, chorus) in a kitchen sink preset that is UNDER 80%.

ZdaYxIW.jpg

Here ya go:

View attachment 80037

Nothing to it. Just two momentary pushbutton switches, a 1/4" TRS jack, some hookup wire, and an enclosure of your choice. Switch 1 shorts between the tip and sleeve of the TRS jack and switch 2 shorts between the ring and sleeve. Both normally open or normally closed switches will both work fine. Just use two of the same switch for simplicity.

Carling makes good quality footswitches. Switchcraft and Neutrik make good TRS jacks.

For the DIY guys, is there a super slim enclosure for a DIY mosky style footswitch. I saw a guy who drilled holes in his Pedaltrain pedalboard slats and mounted the switches from the bottom... Trying to get as flat as possible.

Here ya go:

View attachment 80037

http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/

Per pedal jack you can only use 2 button box per jack, correct? So if you used pedal 1 for expression, pedal jack 2 with accompanied 2 button switch or is 4 possible?

Reactions: Rex
Per pedal jack you can only use 2 button box per jack, correct? So if you used pedal 1 for expression, pedal jack 2 with accompanied 2 button switch or is 4 possible?
Each jack can have either one expression pedal or two footswitches. That’s it. One jack can’t have four footswitches or two expression pedals

For the DIY guys, is there a super slim enclosure for a DIY mosky style footswitch. I saw a guy who drilled holes in his Pedaltrain pedalboard slats and mounted the switches from the bottom... Trying to get as flat as possible.
If the pedal is not being mounted a to a board not to big might not be best idea

Back
Top Bottom