Alternative to Morningstar MC6/8

etzel

Inspired
For the moment i am trying to avoid going the FC6 route, even it is considered the best and easiest way. I need more switches for my FM3 than six, so the Morningstar MC8 looks like a solid solution, but the complaints about integrations and setup make me wonder. So, is there somethings similar and cheaper that does channel select and scenes?

Not as easy to get it setup as it looks, needs a lot of tweaking, understanding and work to make it work properly. I have read pretty much every post about them, that is what I understood among the good things

MC8 is great. I easily use it with AF3 Fm9, QC Ableton HX et al. They have lots of scripts for different products as well. Are there better? You can get a RJM and they are 4x the price. I got my original from MS direct came in two days.

Not as easy to get it setup as it looks, needs a lot of tweaking, understanding and work to make it work properly. I have read pretty much every post about them, that is what I understood among the good things
As the owner of an MC8 that sounds more like a lack of understanding MIDI than a fault of the controller. And I've never done MIDI anything before I got mine. It all depends what you want it to do. I vote MC8.

Yeah MC6/8 would be my go to if I did not have my FC12. I had the MC6 before and I absolutely loved how versatile that pedal was.

I have the MC-6 (for using with a Beat Buddy pedal).
It's an awesome pedal and super easy to program if you watch their YouTube video.
Hands down the best Midi pedal I've ever owned (I've been through about 10 of them).

Voes seemed excellent as well (if they were easier to find in the US, I would have tried one....as Voes is a forum contributor)

I bought the Airstep, and while it works just fine with the Fractal gear, it is not even close to an MC8 (which I now have). If you can do it with Midi, the MC8 handles it easily.

Reactions: BBN
I have the Voes mx6, good controller, I was considering the Morningstar but I didn’t particularly want to invest much time into learning midi and the editing programs. The Morningstar one seemed really complicated (can demo online). the Voes editor is very straightforward.

Ive got MC6 and MC3s - agree with comments above - its people misunderstanding of how to setup Midi rather than any issue with the units - they are amazingly configurable! Ive set a MC3 up to use a single expression to control either wah, volume or rotary speed depending on which button I press - its amazing - if you can think of it you can do it.

Did Morningstar ever add the ability to sync effects block status as you change presets and scenes? That's a big shortfall of a lot of 3rd party controllers without dedicated Fractal functionality.

Did Morningstar ever add the ability to sync effects block status as you change presets and scenes? That's a big shortfall of a lot of 3rd party controllers without dedicated Fractal functionality.
I think it was requested. Havent checked the forum in some time.

Back
Top Bottom