Alternate DI Source with Axe-Fx 3

Satch4u3

Experienced
Is there any difference in the DI signal if I used USB Input 3 in my DAW to record a DI track, instead of USB Input 5? The reason I am looking at doing it this way is so that I can put an Output 2 block off of Input 1 on the Axe's grid, with a Pitch block in between to record a Whammy effect to my DI track to reamp later. Or is there a better way of doing this? Hopefully that makes sense! TIA

The signal would include any noise gating and level adjustment applied at the In 1 block. The Out 2 & USB channel 3 approach sounds ideal.

Just be aware you'd want to either have a pretty good gate setting while tracking, or avoid the gate entirely while realizing that the AC line noise reduction feature won't work quite the same way when reamping (if applying gating then) whenever the signal isn't at at original pitch.

Is there any difference in the DI signal if I used USB Input 3 in my DAW to record a DI track, instead of USB Input 5? The reason I am looking at doing it this way is so that I can put an Output 2 block off of Input 1 on the Axe's grid, with a Pitch block in between to record a Whammy effect to my DI track to reamp later. Or is there a better way of doing this? Hopefully that makes sense! TIA

I don’t know if I’d call it “better”, but personally, I’d do it differently. I’d record the midi from the pedal instead of baking the whammy into the DI. That way you’ve got a clean DI and you can reamp the whammy settings later in addition to the amp settings. Just another option to consider.

Back
Top Bottom