Alter Bridge - Come To Life (Mark Tremonti Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier)

SockPuppet

Inspired
I thought I'll give Tone Matching a shot!

This is the intro to Alter Bridge - Come To Life. What I did was start of with a clean patch and place a Recto Red Modern and the Red Wirez matching cab. I dialed in the tone somewhat close to his, trying to get the gain structure right. I placed a Tube Screamer in front of the amp just for boosting and tightening (is that even a word?) everything up.

In the original recording the reverb was panned hard left and the amp hard right. So i just copied the track and reversed one of them panning one to the right and the other to the left just to get rid of the reverb.

After that I Tone Matched the recording and dialed in the reverb.

I know theres a lot missing to my tone, his tone has more balls to it, but it is a usable Recto tone for sure. And my ridiculously sloppy playing probably has a lot to do with it too :p

I'll upload the patch later today! Tell me what you guys think of it :)

Reactions: Ole
I should also add that I was using a Gibson LP Custom with Burstbucker 3 in the bridge and 57' Classic in the neck. This was only the Burstbucker 3.

Sweet. Id say you nailed it.
How do you like your Burstbucker?
I'm on the look for something new for my LP.

Sweet. Id say you nailed it.
How do you like your Burstbucker?
I'm on the look for something new for my LP.

Thank you Ole! :)
I love them in combination with the '57 Classic, and it just suits this guitar perfectly. The burstbucker is great for heaver rock and when you want to cut through the mix with that extra punch, while the '57 brings you back to a more vintage/blues kind of sound. You should definitely give the Burstbuckers a try, and while you're at it try it with the '57 in the neck.

Reactions: Ole
Love this song. Great chorus. But sadly I'd say your match was not successful... just leave everything at noon. Tremonti also boosts his Recto.

Love this song. Great chorus. But sadly I'd say your match was not successful... just leave everything at noon. Tremonti also boosts his Recto.

Thank you for your input Clark Kent :) I'll try that and see what I can come up with. By the way, when you tone match, should you still have the drive block enabled?

Back
Top Bottom