Also Available in Black...

Spring-loaded, plizzzzzzz

I use Mission (2) and if I will replace the pedals it will be both so one have to be Spring-loaded.

Have you tried a spring loaded Mission with the Axe set to auto engage ? Step on it and the effect kicks in, take your foot off and it turns off. No click, or returning the pedal to O etc. Fantastic combination for live performance (unless you like leaving a half cocked wah on for effect, but then you can set that sort of thing with a footswitch or just make it part of a patch/scene)
I prefer a switch because I like slamming into heel position for a really fat sound and sometimes holding it there for a few seconds. Auto-engage would require me to be more careful and that messes with the groove.

I prefer a switch because I like slamming into heel position for a really fat sound and sometimes holding it there for a few seconds. Auto-engage would require me to be more careful and that messes with the groove.

Set it to engage/disengage at the toe down position instead. Problem solved.

But what if pedals had never been made with a switch..?
whistle.gif

I know, old habits etc... but that's all they are, 'habits'
wink.gif

But what if pedals had never been made with a switch..?
whistle.gif

I know, old habits etc... but that's all they are, 'habits'
wink.gif
What if guitars didn't have strings? What if amps didn't have power?

Edit:
It's not about habits. It's about sacrificing potential for tools. Similar to switching from a tube amp to a pod.

When things get fired up and you slam into heel or toe position, it'll auto-disengage and you're in for a big fix live.

Last edited:
I use two Boss FV500s, and they are very good indeed, hard to fault really, so I'd be interested how these compare.

Same here - two EB Jr's that work just fine but I still may have to replace both with these black beauties. Actually had an EB Jr string break on me one time,
providing another reason to go this route. (Explanation provided as rehearsal for convincing the wife how necessary these will be ...soon)

Where's the 1/4" trs jack? On the toe end?

I am happy the jack ins/outs are not at the sides like the Mission pedals. I never understand why pedal makers put the jacks at the sides. Makes so much more sense to have those on the toe end.
And it saves space on your board.

I am happy the jack ins/outs are not at the sides like the Mission pedals. I never understand why pedal makers put the jacks at the sides. Makes so much more sense to have those on the toe end.
And it saves space on your board.
Yes! This makes it likely that you could fit the MFC-101 plus two of the Fractal controllers on a Pedaltrain PT2 board.

Why do these have a volume in/out in addition to just the TRS Exp jack ? Will they work at a traditional volume pedal as well ?

Is this a ground up design or what it from a commercially produced housing, maybe with a custom spec pot and Fractal branding ?

Back
Top Bottom