Alone Again

ToneRanger

Inspired

HBE V2 with GuitarHack V30 rhythm
Splawn QR for main lead, Mesa Mark IV for lead fills.

Jackson Dk2 with Dimebucker (which makes the hbe sound single coil ish) also has a Ghost Piezo installed for acoustic.

Extra reverb from Reaper for acoustic.

I dropped the rhythm down a bit but after listening to it at work it may need to come back up.

Last edited:
Great. Is your ghost piezo part of a Floyd? I'd like to know more about it if possible can you tell me make model and how u like it? Thx

Great. Is your ghost piezo part of a Floyd? I'd like to know more about it if possible can you tell me make model and how u like it? Thx
It's a Graphtech Floyd Rose with Ghost system acoustics. It was installed on the guitar before i bought it but i have installed them in others myself. It sounds great thru the pa but man does it suck batteries, even when it's unplugged. Mark Day had the same problem.

Do you need a preamp in the guitar for those ? Also some say it's not the best licensed Floyd vs a real Floyd or gotoh. I'm trying to figure out my best piezo options on a custom. Thanks

Other than the Ibanez, it may be the only Piezo Floyd. As far as it being a good Floyd, I haven't had any problems with it. It does come with 37mm or longer block. Rick from Killer guitar components makes a replacement, which I actually helped him design.

Just go to graphtech.com and see for yourself.

It sounds great thru the pa but man does it suck batteries, even when it's unplugged. Mark Day had the same problem.
How often do you have to replace the batteries? Are you using Duracell or another brand? I've been on the fence about plopping down the cash for this setup for a several months.

To be honest i can't tell you how long they last. I may have something wired wrong and the battery drains even unplugged and it affects the entire guitar since the mags go thru the piezo board. I know there is a bypass mod you can do that bypasses the ghost systems and uses magnets only. I will say that the Ghost system is the best Piezo system ive tried. I used to have an Ibanez RG2020x with the Ibanez Edge Piezo bridge.

I got a wiring diagram from Patzag years ago that uses a three way switch to run the Piezos through the preamp, combo the mag pups and the piezos through the pre amp, or route the mag pups directly to the output wit no preamp. Worst thing that can happen on stage is battery dying for piezos but pups stay on.

I'll see if I can find the schematic and post it.

Back
Top Bottom