Almost boring!

pauly

Fractal Fanatic
not too long ago, I used to select an amp block, find a suitable cab, maybe add a reverb block, drive etc, then start tweaking to get the sound that I knew I needed - for quite a while!

With the Axe FX III, I now select an amp, a cab, maybe add a reverb block, drive, etc - and it's perfect... Like exactly what I was after. Not sure I miss tweaking, but it's almost too easy to get a stunning sound now.

Yesterday I had to record a small solo part ... I did exactly the above, and found myself 'done' in ten minutes. Bloody marvellous. My days are longer, my teeth are whiter.

Thanks - and I really mean thanks!
Pauly

I know the feeling, used to try to make such complex patches, and was excited for the III becasue it had so much power to do even more advanced stuff. But then it’s like you just go to a preset deluxe reverb, tweed, plexi 100watt etc preset, and all it’s got is a cab block and some reverb, but it sounds and feels incredible. Just can’t stop playing it and as it already sounds “perfect” what else is there you even need to add ?

I hate it when I can't make an excuse anymore not to practice guitar because I MUST tweak my sounds to the perfection. It's way too easy now :(

Back
Top Bottom