Almost 2 months with no FW update...

That’s a lot ! It don’t sound muffled ? Then If you use single coils with sm57 irs it can be 😅.
For lead a big cut like this can make it warm etc but for rythm 🤨
Not generally. I usually crank the treble on the model itself (either the basic EQ knob or with post-EQ) so I start with lots of fizz. I just like the way it sounds.

Never really had the problem with moving knobs away from 12, like Cliff's always mentioning. Amps always sound like shit to me at default so if I see a knob at 12 my urge is to turn it lol

If you turn down treble, présence etc you don’t need to cut that much . If you start with treble at 8,sure 😅. Then Everyone does how he feels it . They are many ways to tweaks. For me 12 is always a good start globally. I usually go down in the basic control, rarely up. I play with the presence, treble boost if I need to add some hair or clarity . It’s hard to have a non harsh sound and not muffled at the same time, specially in metal music

If you turn down treble, présence etc you don’t need to cut that much . If you start with treble at 8,sure 😅. Then Everyone does how he feels it . They are many ways to tweaks. For me 12 is always a good start globally. I usually go down in the basic control, rarely up. I play with the presence, treble boost if I need to add some hair or clarity . It’s hard to have a non harsh sound and not muffled at the same time, specially in metal music
Depending on the texture of the drive one wants could determine some of that. I like to have clarity but not harsh, and on some models that means more high end with less roll off, on some that means the opposite. It also depends on the IR too as to where to set it, some IR’s can be really bright, and some dark. It’s just a really nice tool to have and to have the option

Doesnt even have to be single coil with a 57, i also use a cut around 5k-7k, and gone is the harshness most of the time =)

I find drastic Hi Cuts and playing with the Slope to where you set it to 6db (for a less drastic slope)
can be effective.

Blues, Hendrix kind of later "live" tones where hes in in Halls with lots of Reverb to simulate etc...so yeah, not much highs, that said theres not much for me anyways up there, im not a fan of the "sparkle" and imo many people overuse it and end up with good but Harsh tones, but thats just me^^
EDIT: It also depends on the curve of course a -24db cut for sure has no highs left for exsample :sweatsmile:

That "sparkle" turns into the "sizzles" that a lot of Hi-Gain players seem to like way too much. ;)

Actually I wasn't that involved with the development of the FM9 over the past few months. I've been working on other things. You'll see soon enough.
I know, I should be playing my guitar right now... and it absolutely is not the case, that I would not be fully satisfied with what I hear from my AXE.
But... I can't help myself... at least three times every day I'm driven to cruise by this forum, just to see, if not, possibly n o w is soon enough! :grimacing:

Part of me hopes for better Fuzz, since that is the weakest link for the Axe for me. The other part of me has been having fun with breadboarding fuzz pedals and if the fuzzes get too good In the Axe, I wouldn’t have a reason to build little boxes

I know, I should be playing my guitar right now... and it absolutely is not the case, that I would not be fully satisfied with what I hear from my AXE.
But... I can't help myself... at least three times every day I'm driven to cruise by this forum, just to see, if not, possibly n o w is soon enough! :grimacing:

this should be intresting if it an update to the amp modelling And 2 months in the making should be very cool , also may make me go for the 3 over FM9 depending

Back
Top Bottom