Almost 2 months with no FW update...

Well ... its only been 6 1/2 weeks :) ;)......

My best guess for the "delay" such as it is, is that:-

=> several months ago Fractal stated that they had / were working on their own version of amp "profiling" / "cloning" which they claimed at the time would be much more accurate than [say] the KPA system

=> with the advent of the QC and its "capture" function" my best guess is that the next Axe 3 FW update will see this new feature introduced very soon [QC owners will appreciate the use of the word "soon" :)]

=> if it is I don't think it will trickle down to the FM3 -but rather- the FM3 will be able to load and play these amp "clones"

Time will tell.
Ben

PS: I have zero inside knowledge here - this is pure speculation on my part :)

Last edited:
Maybe Cliff is finally tackling nailing a digital Klon and the ultimate set list parameter so good it sets up the entire rig for you and plays the gig for you giving everyone the belief you're actually Jeff Beck
Stuff like that takes time to get to Cliff's impeccable standards y'know

Maybe Cliff is finally tackling nailing a digital Klon and the ultimate set list parameter so good it sets up the entire rig for you and plays the gig for you giving everyone the belief you're actually Jeff Beck
Stuff like that takes time to get to Cliff's impeccable standards y'know
The hype around the klon centaur is a mystery to me . Probably because I am not fan of the users . When I listen to it , it sound like a diy fuzz , a Marshall with a mini speaker … don’t know . Same sound than a pushed vox pathfinder 😅

The hype around the klon centaur...When I listen to it , it sound like a diy fuzz , a Marshall with a mini speaker … don’t know .
Hmmm, different tastes obviously, because I think that earthquaker thingy sounds like an old 8 bit computer with totally cheesy sounds.

I’m wondering if the next firmware will be more models of amps. It does seem that getting the FM3 at the same spot as the III is probably a goal too, which is really cool for the FM3 users.

Not sure if the amp profiling and capture thing Cliff mentioned is being implemented for users, or if that was the method that got us the Cygnus update.

The hype around the klon centaur is a mystery to me . Probably because I am not fan of the users . When I listen to it , it sound like a diy fuzz , a Marshall with a mini speaker … don’t know . Same sound than a pushed vox pathfinder 😅

indeed.

If they were sub $100 and tons listed in ReverbI doubt there would be much desire for one.

but when it’s $4k and rare, it becomes a virtual “must have”

it’s not so much the sound but the bragging rights IMO

Though it is a nice buffer in a hardware chain for sure, but there are like a few dozen spot on hardware clones as well, so I can’t see any point in buying an original other than to impress on rig rundown videos and Instagram pedal board pics lol

That's only if you use the Gain on the Klon. :) If you don't (and most prefer NOT to)
then it is essentially just another amp pusher/boost/tone sweetener. In that arena
it really does do something unique that other ODs don't quite do. not as much lo-cut
as a TS style drive, and not as much of an upper-mid forward boost. I think this is why
guys that hate TS-style drives tend to love Klone style drives, and vice versa.

I'm sure they're working on perfecting and updating the pitch block for the FM3. I just know it :)

looks around wait - which forum am I in?

I wonder how this can happen. Not doubting. Just wondering with the increased CPU usage
from the last firmware update how and where they may be able to find the room to pull it
off.

Back
Top Bottom