Wish Allow "Virtual Toggle" to work with physically latching switches

rossipedia

Power User
Currently (from what I can tell), with a physically latching switch you have to set it to "Follow Hardware", which basically defeats the purpose of "PC Reset". Say you have a preset where you want to always start with the wah bypassed, and toggle it by using physical switch.

• Select preset. Wah defaults to off.
  • Toggle wah on by closing the latching switch. Wah block turns on.
  • Select another preset that uses the switch for another controller.
  • Come back to the original preset, but this time the latching switch is already closed.
  • Wah block defaults back to off due to PC Reset. Now the bypass state and the external switch are out of sync.
  • Tap the external switch once and nothing happens because the controller kicks in and sees that you opened the switch, so it sets the wah to bypassed (which it already was).
  • Now you have to tap the switch again to close it and enable the wah block.

It would be great if there were a "Virtual Toggle" option that, rather than checking for a momentary open/closed state of a switch, it activated when the open/closed state of the switch changed. I assume the "Virtual Toggle" works by reading the state of the external switch, and if it's closed then it flips a bit somewhere representing the state of the "virtual" switch. If so, a second feature could simple respond to any change of state in the external switch, rather than specifically looking for "closed".

Hope that all makes sense!

(Also, this might be a non-issue and I just haven't figure out how to make this work yet)

PS: I realize that most expression pedals with a toe switch use momentary switches, but some times all you have is a latching switch (think of something like a 5150/6505 footswitch which uses physically latching switches). I think it'd be super useful and increase the unit's flexibility with external switches.

Back
Top Bottom