Allow scene abbreviations in the display

would be nice?

• yes

Votes: 21 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

IGNACIO

The way I use the scenes is: I separate a scene for each part of a song...simple. It would be nice if I could write SOL for solos, or VER, for verses and stuff like that, not all songs have the same structure so you have to memorize what "S1" , "S2", "S3" etc does for each song among other things.

Thanks fractal for everything you give us.

I'll jump into the correct forum for the AX8 to get onboard with this. Preset and Scene short names would be a fantastic addition for when making changes on the fly!

The actual block associated with a switch on the screen. Just that 3 character customization could help keep me from stepping on the wrong scene switch on the fly (which has already happened to me).

Hmm that’s 3 letters x 8 scenes x 512 presets.

12,288 Customizable letters, and designing the interface to do it. I’m not sure that’s possible.

Also a lot of constant tinkering with the preset names, isn't it easier to just have a cheat sheet taped next to the device?

I totally get it, Chris. I work in product development, so I understand the ramifications. I don't know what the memory constraints of the AX8 are currently, but 12k+ letters in code is less than 25kb of space, so that's probably not the constraint. The work is in the big rewritable matrix where the letters "live," and then as you mentioned the UI has to be designed and built. Definitely no small task, but certainly a "nice to have" that between this thread and the thread in the FX8 forum a decent number of people are requesting.

ksandvik, I play in multiple groups, with multiple preset and scene settings. While I get that you were offering a solution to the problem, that solution is akin to "well, your kindle doesn't display the title of the book, so just put the book right next to it for reference." Certainly A solution, but not the most effective one. ;)

Back
Top Bottom