Wish Allow offline usage

laxu

Fractal Fanatic
I am sitting here about 300 km away from my Axe-Fx 3 and would have some time to build presets. I have Axe-Edit loaded on my laptop, with the latest firmware definitions installed. So technically the only reason I can't do anything with Axe-Edit is that there is no Axe-Fx 3 to connect to it.

If Axe-Edit could work offline in this situation, I could build presets, configure the FC controller etc while not having access to the actual hardware. Obviously you can't hear anything but you could set things up and ready so the next time I connect the Axe-Fx 3, Axe-Edit could just ask "preset X has a newer version in Axe-Edit, do you want to replace the one on the hardware" which would just update the preset, FC settings etc to what I configured offline.

A second usecase would be for those who don't have a Fractal unit yet. They could try out the editor and learn how it all works before they commit to buying it or while waiting for it to ship. For example everyone on the FM9 waitlist could open up FM9-Edit and learn it while they wait for the hardware to become available so they get started faster.

While this is not a perfect solution, it could work simply by coming bundled with "latest block definitions available when the editor was packaged and released" that it could use in absence of an Axe-Fx.

+1 - Would be great! (other old farts here like me may remember early days of AE when there used to be a version that worked offline (cept, as I recall, it didn't work all too well in any other way lol!)).

Can of worms but a “dummy” connection for basic “exploring” would be nice.
You mean something like having a "dummy" Axe-Fx 3 built into the Axe-Edit software that could take place of the hardware to make the editor think it's got hw connected?

That would work too as the idea here is just exploring, maybe setting up things like footswitching, modifiers, block connections etc stuff that doesn't necessarily need audio to work.

+1

I use FracTool to view presets offline but would be nice to have an offline version of the editor.

+1
For example Morningstar MIDI Controllers have a Demo Mode on their editor which allows to use it in offline. You just select which device (MC3, MC6, MC8) you want to create presets for. You can also save the offline created preset and load it later to the device.

+1
For example Morningstar MIDI Controllers have a Demo Mode on their editor which allows to use it in offline. You just select which device (MC3, MC6, MC8) you want to create presets for. You can also save the offline created preset and load it later to the device.

That's not comparable. That controller works with fixed values, while the Fractal editor has to relies on many hundreds (probably > 1000) of dynamic parameter values, which can change with firmware updates.

I'm putting a +1 on this. Even if it is impossible with the axe 3. Maybe this is gonna be possible in an axe IV?

+1 For sure!

At least the preset manager, and if it goes quite well also songs & setlist?!?

I do not understand why this should not be possible - I certainly do not buy two devices just to be organized...

Back
Top Bottom