Implemented Allow modifiers to PEQ, Amp EQ, and Variac

Due to the bugs in Axe Edit, I have discovered attaching modifiers and my EV-1 to those parameters to be pretty awesome!
Try attaching an LFO to the gain/level of one band of an EQ. Tremolo, but just for that band.

Might be interesting to use Output B and the other LFO's pair of outputs to wiggle 4 bands in different timings and speeds.... :)

Speakinowhich, I'd like to append the Input/Output EQ params in for modifier capability. Imagine dialing up the gain on your drive pedal and simultaneously pulling back a little bit of 250 Hz on the Mark 5-band to help eliminate some low-mid and keep things tight. I put a few bands on one pedal to test, and it was possible to get from a mild to a strong "Boogie V" with a bit of care on the lower/upper limits. Imagine a Mark series Boogie with 'flying faders'.... :)

Last edited:
The Filter block is the thing to use when you want modifier capability. It's a 1-band parametric EQ.
What if you need more than one band?

Adding the capability to PEQ would be simpler from the user perspective than adding 2 filter blocks, and brings the low/high shelving/band-stop filters along with.

Do you happen to have a clip of what you're doing with these modifiers? I can't hear it in my head but it seems intriguing.

First section: PEQ middle band with LFO gain wobble - could have done this with the Filter block, TBH.
Second section: PEQ with low/high bands opposite phase LFO wobble - kinda like a harmonic trem, sorta.
Third section: 5-band Mark EQ in Amp block with all 5 bands pulling wobble from two different LFOs, one of which has Output B Phase on a momentary switch toggling between 18 and 180 degrees from Output A. You can hear it switch from a complex wobble to a more throbby wobble (that there's a band name! Tonight only: THROBBY WOBBLE!!!)..

Just scratching the surface. Put the control on a pedal, and you have variable multi-band EQ on a pedal. Lots of other things that could be done with these, too.... :)

Many thanks! I have no idea how the output B phase effects things.
If left alone at 180 degrees, it gives you the opposite wave to Output A, as if flipped upside-down.
Tuned to a lower degree, you get a whole range of not quite out-of-phase but not quite in-phase action. Output B being 18 degrees means that it follows Output A but is just a little behind it. :)

Specifically in the third section of the clip, you can hear it switch from a harmonic trem style phasey wobble to a 'whuh-whuh-whuh' throb and back at times. 180° gave the former sound, 18° the latter.

Last edited:
Crazy stuff. Maybe that's why Cliff didn't want modifiers on everything at first. Now as there are no glitches it is ok, it seems the axe III can handle this.

Back
Top Bottom