Allen Hinds - Driving South

pitmonkey

Inspired
Hey guys!

Here's a new video I just recorded of an Allen Hinds solo that comes from the January issue of Guitar Techniques magazine here in the UK. I'm really getting into Allen's playing at the moment and I just love the way he navigates chord progressions so easily. He's also a master of the 3 T's: Tone, Touch & Taste. Hope you enjoy it...

The patch I used is a tweaked version of the Buttery preset.
http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=4074

I am an AH fan as well. As you said he has the three Ts. Great job that you did playing through an Axe FX. His usual set-up is with his signature pedal (which I have) through a very good amp. Thanks for sharing. It makes me wish Fractal would get back in stock the Axe-FX so I can work on this tone.

Hi pitmonkey......great tone and great playing. Makes me want to revisit the Buttery model.
I especially like the delay setting you are using. Unfortunately I don't have an XL and can't checkout your preset.
Could I talk you into posting your delay settings?

Hi pitmonkey......great tone and great playing. Makes me want to revisit the Buttery model.
I especially like the delay setting you are using. Unfortunately I don't have an XL and can't checkout your preset.
Could I talk you into posting your delay settings?

Absolutely! It's a Stereo Tape delay, in series, set as follows:
Delay Type: Stereo Tape
Tempo: 1/4 (at 120bpm)
Ratio 75%
Feedback L 20%
Feedback R 29.9%
Master Feedback 100%
Spread Width 100%
Mix 7.6%

Pretty sure everything else is stock. Have fun!

Fantastic - I've been looking at his column in GT but haven't been too familiar with him. Will check him out. Great playing!

Back
Top Bottom