Allan Holdsworth's Ultra for sale!

That's cool - its always a crap shoot though when you use someone elses patches. Depending on what you use they could sound like crap.
I remember when I first got my XL, I was all excited to go on axe change to get some patches - after I downloaded a few, I'm like - WTF, why does everything sound like shit? Hey - this doesn't sound like EVH !! Then I realized that there are like a million factors involved - so I just started making my own. There have been a few here and there that sound great - but most don't. Regardless - it would be cool to hear his patches !

Someone should buy this, port the patches to Axe-FX III and upload them :) I'd buy a patch set like that if there was something interesting there. Mostly just curious about what kind of stuff Allan was using.

When using his Ultra your fingers grow an inch and you have an insatiable lust to make strange chords.

Miss Allan H, interesting guitar player, indeed, like out of this world.

Dude is clueless: the only thing that could boost the price of this is whether there are Holdsworth's patches on it, and the auction description doesn't say. Facepalm.

Dude is clueless: the only thing that could boost the price of this is whether there are Holdsworth's patches on it, and the auction description doesn't say. Facepalm.

Yes they should mention if it has his custom patches so they could get more out of the sale. Hope someone hear grabs it and translates these patches to the II. Curious for how much it will go.

US $1,247.22 - only 8 bids. I guess somebody is now very happy to own a tool that was in the presence of the man himself :)

Indeed... if have Allans own/custom presets the price will sky rocket way more would be my guess as well

Seller did make this comment:
"5. All sold items will come with a certificate of authenticity from Allan's daughter.

This auction is for 1 x Fractal Axe-FX Ultra. The unit is in good condition and powers up and seems to operate as it should. I have no idea if Allan entered any of his own pre-sets as I am sure I will be asked....I believe it to be in usable shape but no guarantees. "

Definitely was possible that it contained some presets from him - will be a nice find if indeed that is the case for whomever got the item.

Back
Top Bottom