simeon

Axe-Master
Allan Holdsworth patches v13.07 - updated

another instalment in my never ending quest to nail the good man's tone

Swell - Axe-Change - Download Preset - Holdsy Swell - by simeon
Clean - Axe-Change - Download Preset - Holdsy Clean - by simeon
Lead - Axe-Change - Download Preset - Holdsy Lead v13 - by simeon

the lead patch is one of the closest yet, imo

the lead patch has three scenes. you'll need to back off your guitar volume control slightly and also roll off your tone control until it just starts to attenuate the highs. it'll be too gainy and bright, otherwise!

EDIT 2: here's a quick demo. it's crap, but it gives you some idea how they sound to me. no fizz or noise on the lead sound, as some have suggested.

it's pretty close to this (go to 3:30) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_dAV5yKJ4s

and the other references i'm using are from Prelude on Hard Hat Area, the intro to Countdown on None Too Soon and the solo on You Came Along from Chad Wackerman's 40 reasons

i have made tweaks to the lead patch - i've put presence on 5 and the bright knob on -8

i've also made tweaks to the clean patches - i've changed the cabs for fender ones and also added a fixed pitch shift an octave up, feeding a delay in a side chain

EDIT 3

adjusted some more parameters in the lead preset. it was too bassy with not enough upper mids, imo. here's the link...

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Holdsy Lead v13 version 2 - by simeon

sounds like this..

Last edited:
Whenever I try and load this, through axe edit or fractal bot, all it does is load a completely blank preset.

Thanks Simeon!

The lead patch sounds great, but both the other patches load with 59 Bassguy and all knobs in the amp block set to zero. (Both X and Y)

I downloaded them again to double check and got the same result using Axe Edit on OSX.

fine here. i'm on osx too. weird

just change the amp for usa clean with everything on 5 or thereabouts and the bright switch off

Thanks Simeon!

The lead patch sounds great, but both the other patches load with 59 Bassguy and all knobs in the amp block set to zero. (Both X and Y)

I downloaded them again to double check and got the same result using Axe Edit on OSX.

same here for the swell patch. Clean patch works as it should so you can copy the amp from that one. The swell is still one of my favorite patches!

Last edited:
EDIT!!

new links in the original post for clean and swell patches - one of them had a global amp still attached, which is why it wasn't loading properly. i've also improved the delay settings as well

download again - sorry about that!!

Reactions: npx
I've been sitting here playing through the lead patch for about an hour. Excellent! I tweaked it for my guitar, style, and speakers (I basically killed the Drive and Compressor). It's very similar to the patch I created. The USA Pre Yellow is the model I use as well. I like your choices for speaker cabs. Even with no eq, it sounds great!

The Axe II is making me want to quit my day job. I make enough money playing music to live. But I want to really "live". Playing for fun like I have been the last hour is something I really REALLY miss. My eight-hour-a-day cubicle job seems like it's robbing me of my life lately. All those hours I could be writing and recording. Playing for enjoyment is something I NEED. The Axe is making me remember that. I'm so happy right now. Thanks Simeon. Thanks Cliff.

Back
Top Bottom