Allan Holdsworth Omnipatch

Check the volume block. I have it attached to External 1 and it's probably at 0% so you're not hearing any sound.

Resolved! edit modifier: Volume / Pan1 volume....
very very good sound Lead ...
thank you again
Carlo
I have the same problem but I don't know how to solve it. I don't see what you mean with "Edit modifier: Volume/Pan1 volume" I can see that anywhere o_O

Stupid beginners question: How do I get directly into the FM3 output 1 and get rid of the send / return construct? I guess that's for multi cable method or so?

Stupid beginners question: How do I get directly into the FM3 output 1 and get rid of the send / return construct? I guess that's for multi cable method or so?
The send/return isn't four multi-cable; I just ran out of room on the grid to route everything the way I needed to. If it were multi-cable, you would see Out2/In2 somewhere in the grid as an effects loop. Send/return is entirely internal and never leaves the FM3 grid.

With the fantastic new Cygnus firmware, I've been updating all my patches, including this one. It sounds much more alive than the old version! Make sure you're using the latest 4.00 firmware!

Attachments

• Allan's Magic 4p00.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Will this work in AxeFX3 when I convert it with Fractool? I am also a big Holdsworth Fan. (Well, Frank Zappa once said then Allan was one of the few Guitarists he really admired...)

Will this work in AxeFX3 when I convert it with Fractool? I am also a big Holdsworth Fan. (Well, Frank Zappa once said then Allan was one of the few Guitarists he really admired...)
Yes, it should copy over perfectly. Sometimes there are problems going in reverse since the AxeFx III has more blocks and a larger grid than the FM3 but there shouldn't be any issues going to the AxeFx III.

With the extra CPU on the AxeFX III, I'd recommend switching all the cabs to UlraRes and maybe messing with the Gain Enhancer in the amp block (I've found setting it around 1-3, depending on the tone, and then reducing the input gain a hair really sounds fantastic). There just wasn't enough CPU left on the FM3 to do that. Also, you could substitute the shimmer verb in the Plex block for the Pitch block + Reverb block to get a better sounding shimmer verb.

Another thing that you could do that would make the patch a little more like the way Allan ran things would be to separate the clean and lead amps into two blocks in parallel, each with volume blocks after them. Allan ran two Ernie Ball volume pedals in his live setup and could fade in and out of the two amp sounds. In my AxeFx II patch, I had both blocks assigned to the same expression pedal but with the slope inverted on one of the volume blocks so as you to go toe-down, clean would go up and lead would go down, and vice verse for heel-down (or was it the other way around?).

I didn't even have to convert with Fractool, I was able to just load it right into my AxeFX III like any other patch.

I'll try your tweaks and the parallel clean / lead amps... that sound fun. Although I do prefer the sound of the plex verb to pitch block + reverb, but you can also basically spend all week messing with reverb options given how many the AxeFX has :)

@Poparad There seems to be an issue with the latest version of the patch where the 2nd volume block is set to the wrong channel (B) in some of the pitch shifting scenes. That channel has it bypassed with the mode set to "mute" so you don't hear the pitch shifted version at all. On scene 5 this means you just get silence. I think the volume block needs to be set to channel A where the mute mode is "thru". I'm loading it into my AxeFX so perhaps this is an artifact of the conversion...

@Poparad There seems to be an issue with the latest version of the patch where the 2nd volume block is set to the wrong channel (B) in some of the pitch shifting scenes. That channel has it bypassed with the mode set to "mute" so you don't hear the pitch shifted version at all. On scene 5 this means you just get silence. I think the volume block needs to be set to channel A where the mute mode is "thru". I'm loading it into my AxeFX so perhaps this is an artifact of the conversion...
Try downloading it again. I did notice some weird issues with the blocks and updated the file in my post. Let me know if that one is still wonky.

How and where would I kill the Volume and Expression pedals within this patch?

I do not use either.
They're attached to the volume block. Or in Axe-Edit you can just check the controller assignments panel to find them. Hit the "Controllers" button then click the "Modifiers" tab on the bottom.

They're attached to the volume block. Or in Axe-Edit you can just check the controller assignments panel to find them. Hit the "Controllers" button then click the "Modifiers" tab on the bottom.
That works for every scene but 5 and 6. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Those scenes use a second volume block attached to the envelope follower, you need to leave that there to get the effect

Back
Top Bottom