Allan Holdsworth Omnipatch

Poparad

Power User
I'm pretty happy with how this one turned out. I sat down with my Magicstomps today and copied all of the parameters over for Allan's various delays and lead tone, trying to stay as audibly close to the Magicstomp tones as possible, using a Carvin Fatboy guitar. I was even able to cram in some of Allan's other common effects, such as the shimmerverb used on "House of Mirrors," the pitch shifters used on "Metal Fatigue" and "Devil Take the Hindmost," the Leslie effect for "Leave Them On," and an octave down shift from "The Drums Were Yellow."

Everything uses factory cabs and the volume control is set to External 1.

5/24/2021: Click here for the updated version for firmware 4.00 (Cygnus):
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/allan-holdsworth-omnipatch.162624/post-2097212

Attachments

• Allan's Magic.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 514
Last edited:
I'm pretty happy with how this one turned out. I sat down with my Magicstomps today and copied all of the parameters over for Allan's various delays and lead tone, trying to stay as audibly close to the Magicstomp tones as possible, using a Carvin Fatboy guitar. I was even able to cram in some of Allan's other common effects, such as the shimmerverb used on "House of Mirrors," the pitch shifters used on "Metal Fatigue" and "Devil Take the Hindmost," the Leslie effect for "Leave Them On," and an octave down shift from "The Drums Were Yellow."

Poparad, thank you very much for sharing your Holdsworth preset. I enjoy using it very much. I do have a concern though. On my FM3, CPU usage for that preset tickles the red. Does it do that on yours? I read in Austin Buddy's recent tutorial (excellent by the way) that CPU usage should not exceed 80% if I understand him correctly. Thanks again!

As long as it's not causing audio dropouts and/or getting a CPU warning on the unit, you're fine.

hi,
many thanks for your sharing!
but in my fm3 only "swells" works .... other scenes don't work .... today is the first day i use my FM3 .... is something missing?
Allan live forever! ..
regards

Resolved! edit modifier: Volume / Pan1 volume....
very very good sound Lead ...
thank you again
Carlo

My only critique is that the Lead scene has the level a bit low compared to the others, nothing a little tweak to the amp level doesn't fix though.

My only critique is that the Lead scene has the level a bit low compared to the others, nothing a little tweak to the amp level doesn't fix though.

In general, the preset has a low volume but, in the mixer of the scenes, the volume of the lead can be increased.

Loaded this into my FM3 - 2% too heavy so it goes beyong 80% and won't give me a sound :(
If it's only +2%, there's likely another cause. The 80% level is just a guide. I have several presets that venture above 80 and work just fine.

I thought it was the first volume/pan block at first as it's set to 0% to be controlled by an EXT, but that wasn't it..

Managed to do some changes to the delay routing though and I imagine I got it to work and sound similarily! Fun sounds and great shimmer programming!

Back
Top Bottom