All That Power

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
28827999_10157388437554517_9169294860843712271_o.jpg

Out with the old, in with the III! Legendary techs Steve Uncapher and Scott Appleton are moving the world's biggest tour into the future. Between them, these wizards have worked with Taylor Swift, Rush, NIИ, Def Leppard, Journey, B52s, KD Lang, Styx, Keith Urban, and Jeff Beck, to name just a few....

Cool...awesome power there...will be interesting how they will integrate the power available in the III into the rigs. Channels, increased CPU power which means more available block instances/amps/cabs, the new input/output blocks, etc. will open up a ton of new options and ways to use a Fractal rig.

So, if the AFX models 256 amps (I think) and there are 8 Fractals in the pic there are 2048 amps available to jam out on o_O

Rod Stewart comes to mind :

Some guys have all the luck
Some guys have all the pain
Some guys get all the breaks
Some guys do nothing but complain

For God's sake , put that baby in a rack. ( If you can find one - that is ...)

So does the one unit in the front replace all the stuff in the back ?? ;)
Don't think so.
I imagine, that in this setup, each rack case is for a different guitar player, with two Axe FX's (one is backup).
It's possible that two guitar players will use the same Axe 3, it is unlikely that it will be used that way. And backups are still necessary.
So... the number of axe FX's likely won't change...

Mars Music...that brings back some memories for real. First big shop in Nashville...

Me too... I started out as “security” (basically a Walmart greeter) and janitor. Then moved up to the big league as Opperations Manager (basically just restocked things and helped salespeople find things that were lost in the warehouse). Scott was the Guitar department manager and was always incredibly kind to me. He probably has no idea who I am, but I never forgot him. It’s been cool to see him work with such legendary players.

Back
Top Bottom