All purpose patch for live playing

Great video -----
19b1f313.gif

This is what I used to learn how to setup my MFC.

Watch my video that shows the basics of setting up the MFC. Near the end I show how to change the functions of switches, what you are asking.

Axe-FX II & MFC-101 – Initial Setup | Katsu Kuri Media Blog

Solid patch.

Is that Delay always engaged in your main rhythm tone?

Any special reason to use a PEQ instead of Low-Cut in the Cab block to block those freqs below 70Hz?

Solid patch.

Any special reason to use a PEQ instead of Low-Cut in the Cab block to block those freqs below 70Hz?

I like a very slight low mix delay (350) on my rhythm tone (learned that from Richard Smith) gives Twin on R&B tunes a bit more life/fullness.

The PEQ was in there when I was experimenting (could probably remove) and make the changes to the cabs. The Tweed (scene 5) has the PEQ disabled. I also used your recommended settings on the Tweed amp. The patch works for what I play. I use it for about 95% of the tunes we do. I use a Dumble patch on a couple of tunes (Sleepwalk, instrumental version of Moondance etc), a straight up tweed patch on a couple of tunes (Having A Party, Give Me One Reason, You can keep your hat on, Get Ready, Shakey Ground) and I have a Marshall patch that I have been using on one song (Fooled Around and Fell In Love) and that is it.

Last edited:
Solid patch.

Another interesting thing about using a slight delay with the Twin rhythm tone is that on low volumes (home practice) it sounds more pronounced ... but when you crank it up at gig volume with the band you hardly notice there is an actual delay -- however the twin stands out better in the mix (sounds fuller).

For the lead delay I bump it up to 383 and keep the feedback between 17 and 20

Last edited:
I like a very slight low mix delay (350) on my rhythm tone

+1 I have alway's had a little delay in my my mi as well. Either a tight slap back or longer delay slightyly in the mix.

I used to use a boss analog delay and just give the knob a twist with my foot durring performane to set to taste.

Just finished up a private party gig.

3 hours - easy gig --

Used the patch -- sounded great!

Last edited:
Anyone have any cool Jerry Garcia presets?
Try this... probably more 70's era than his later style. I think I created it on my 513 in single-coil mode. I haven't used the patch in a while, so it's not set up for Scenes.

Amp Y has Fat engaged.

There are two different attempts at the Mutron, one is a wah and the other is a filter block, each controlled by envelope. Try them and see what works for you.
(note, I haven't updated the Wah w/ the new 10.10 FW yet so I don't know how it'll sound...)

You might want to replace one of the drives w/ the Plus Dist for more authenticity. Don't remember why I didn't use one...

Attachments

• ! Jerry's Twin (fat).syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 22
A quick note to say thanks for this Tweed Twin patch. I used it live tonight and it was very helpful and much better than the one I replaced it with. I appreciate your sharing this.

Reactions: LVC
I like this one too. I havent used twin, or those cabs in my patches yet. This is a great way to find new gems!

Reactions: LVC
Just updated my basic live preset for V11

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Twin Tweed 11 - by LVC

Twin and Tweed amps used 5 Scenes
1. Basic Rhythm
2. Compressor (R&B/Motown/Dance)
3. Edge Breakup - when I need a little bit of hair
4. Light Crunch - nothing heavy (switched to Zendrive - sounds sick)
5. Lead - Amp Change to a Tweed Guitar:
Filter 2 (first in chain) is Mutron Filter 1 (last in chain) is a boost
Wah set to auto engaged - tuned to Wah Wah Watson (Lets Get it on)
Created with a Suhr Humbucker tele Korina Body
Matrix Amp Q12 cab No FOH used at gigs Need to play at gig volumes

Back
Top Bottom