All presets to MIDI

D20

Power User
Is there a way to dump all my individual presets to Midi so that i have a backup of all of them? I wasn't sure if it is the "Dump system to Midi" option under the utility button. If it isn't and there is another way to do it...can someone explain how to do this? I wanted to do this before i start toying with my FCB1010 (I'm a noob when it comes to Midi) Also i am using Bome's SendSX and a Midisport 2x2 if any of that is helpful as well.

Many thanks in advance!!! :D

A bit off topic but why don't you try with Axe-edit?
New version seems to be working just fine and you can export your presets in a sec.

D20 said:
Is there a way to dump all my individual presets to Midi so that i have a backup of all of them? I wasn't sure if it is the "Dump system to Midi" option under the utility button. If it isn't and there is another way to do it...can someone explain how to do this? I wanted to do this before i start toying with my FCB1010 (I'm a noob when it comes to Midi) Also i am using Bome's SendSX and a Midisport 2x2 if any of that is helpful as well.

Many thanks in advance!!! :D
The Wiki is your friend:
http://axefxwiki.guitarlogic.org/index. ... Axe-Editor

Also, Alexander's tips for beginners:
http://axefxwiki.guitarlogic.org/index. ... re_patches

Personally, I would advise against using the Editor (it's beta, and many people have many problems with it). There are free downloadable midi librarian utilities that have a proven record for backing up your presets and loaing new ones into your Axe (SendSX, MidiOx).

Please correct me if I am wrong but there is no way via the Axe-FX to dump all the patches in bank in one operation, correct? The user has to save out each preset on at a time.

I've worked with SendSX and have since switched to the official editor which does allow the user to save out all the patches in a bank as individual presets in one operation.

Matt_B said:
Please correct me if I am wrong but there is no way via the Axe-FX to dump all the patches in bank in one operation, correct? The user has to save out each preset on at a time.

I've worked with SendSX and have since switched to the official editor which does allow the user to save out all the patches in a bank as individual presets in one operation.
You are hereby corrected: in the Axe-FX, press Utility, page over to Preset, and you will see:
- Dump preset to midi
- Dump bank A to midi
- Dump bank B to midi
- Dump bank C to midi
... which will send a full bank to your PC using SendSX or MidiOx or whatever midi librarian you happen to use.

If you want those banks to be be split up into individual presets, there's a PC utility to do that too.
EDIT: read all about it here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7615 (it works wonderfully)... thanks again, strumbringer !!!

Dpoirier said:
Matt_B said:

You are hereby corrected: in the Axe-FX, press Utility, page over to Preset, and you will see:
- Dump preset to midi
- Dump bank A to midi
- Dump bank B to midi
- Dump bank C to midi
... which will send a full bank to your PC using SendSX or MidiOx or whatever midi librarian you happen to use.

If you want those banks to be be split up into individual presets, there's a PC utility to do that too.
EDIT: read all about it here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7615 (it works wonderfully)... thanks again, strumbringer !!!

I think he meant: you can't dump all three banks + system with one button press. You have to do it bank-at-a-time. Unless you use Axe-Edit and it does it while you go get a cup of java...

iaresee said:
I think he meant: you can't dump all three banks + system with one button press. You have to do it bank-at-a-time. Unless you use Axe-Edit and it does it while you go get a cup of java...
Well no, he said "The user has to save out each preset one at a time" which is the point I was addressing.

Dpoirier said:
Matt_B said:

You are hereby corrected
Actually, I'm only half corrected. ;) Please excuse me for posing my question incorrectly. I

meant to ask if there was a way via the Axe-FX to save out each individual presets from a bank in one operation and there is not. The key part of that sentence is "via the Axe-FX". Using an external utility is fine (I was not aware of it) but that operation occurs outside of the Axe-FX.

Dpoirier said:
Matt_B said:

- Dump preset to midi
- Dump bank A to midi
- Dump bank B to midi
- Dump bank C to midi

Thanks for all the info everyone! I'm going to try the above out tomorrow. :D

Matt_B said:
Dpoirier said:
[quote="Matt_B":16ensfa6]Please correct me if I am wrong but there is no way via the Axe-FX to dump all the patches in bank in one operation, correct? The user has to save out each preset on at a time.

You are hereby corrected
Actually, I'm only half corrected. ;) Please excuse me for posing my question incorrectly. I

meant to ask if there was a way via the Axe-FX to save out each individual presets from a bank in one operation and there is not. The key part of that sentence is "via the Axe-FX". Using an external utility is fine (I was not aware of it) but that operation occurs outside of the Axe-FX.[/quote:16ensfa6]
Ahh! I see. Yea, that'd be neat, but how could you do that sort of dump without using something like Axe-Edit to split the bank into files?

FWIW: Axe-Edit can split and save a bank as a series of preset files.

iaresee said:
Matt_B said:
I meant to ask if there was a way via the Axe-FX to save out each individual presets from a bank in one operation and there is not. The key part of that sentence is "via the Axe-FX". Using an external utility is fine (I was not aware of it) but that operation occurs outside of the Axe-FX.
Ahh! I see. Yea, that'd be neat, but how could you do that sort of dump without using something like Axe-Edit to split the bank into files?
Now that I have thought through it, there can't be a away for the Axe-FX to do it unless it dumped them to a specific folder on your PC which would have to be set on the Axe-FX itself.

FWIW: Axe-Edit can split and save a bank as a series of preset files.
Yeah, I'm hip to that. I've been knee deep in preset and bank management for most of this week. I've sorted through, categorized, arranged and auditioned about 450 presets in the past week. I'm finally at the point where I have all my banks laid out, slots allocated for the various categories of presets and now I only have to create (2) more banks and I am done. :)

Back
Top Bottom